2 questions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2 questions

celticsun33
1st question... Is it possible to make a title block once and be able to use it on every drawing I make? I want to eliminate having to make it each time.

2nd...am I able to reset absolute zero to a different point on the screen.

I'm a complete newb to this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2 questions

grherr

On 08/16/2017 06:39 AM, celticsun33 [via LibreCAD] wrote:
1st question... Is it possible to make a title block once and be able to use it on every drawing I make? I want to eliminate having to make it each time.

2nd...am I able to reset absolute zero to a different point on the screen.

I'm a complete newb to this.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/2-questions-tp5715216.html
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
NAML
Greetings,
Q1: Absolutely. I made my own MIL-STD-100 title blocks in sizes from A to E with mating continuation sheets. I made them as both drawing sheets and LibreCad library blocks. Loaded as a LC block keeps it together when selecting and prevents inadvertent modification of the elements. LC seems to ignore the title block when drawing inside it. One must get very close or on top of a title block element to select it. So selecting it by mistake or inadvertently being selected outside the display area has not been a problem for me. I can still fill in the text blocks in the title block without any problem. I have my logo on them, but everything else is enterable - title, date, sheet number, etc. The title block sheets are just saved drawings with only the title block blocks instantiated. But I rarely use them. I use the LC blocks on a new blank sheet. For continuation sheets, I just copy an already filled out sheet to a different filename with a sheet number in it. I generally use 1234-ss-vv.dxf, where ss is the sheet number and vv is the version letter.

I still have LC configured to load the blank page to start as the default.

Q2: I think so, but I have never done it. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

HTH.
Girvin Herr

Reply | Threaded
|

celticsun33
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by celticsun33
I don't know of a direct way to move absolute zero. You will have to move the contents. Select all and move from the point where new absolute zero shall be to 0,0. A special tool will just do this under the hood. It's probably an easy task to code such a tool, but it doesn't exist.