5 messages Options
XXX
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A printing question

XXX
HI Folks,

I'm struggling to print a large drawing to scale.
I have a drawing (74.375 wide), I plotted lines to represent 8 X 11 inches pages and thought I would print these sections one by one and assemble them to have an oversize print.
(A poor man's Plotter).

Can anyone explain how to select sheet size images to print from a larger drawing.

Thanks, X
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A printing question

dellus
I am afraid there is no proper and automatic way to achieve what you intend. You can set the paper size in current drawings preferences to 8 x 11 inches while the actual drawing is larger. Then in print preview set the desired scale. You can drag around the underlying printing sheet to the desired position manually only. So the alignment to the adjacent sheet will not be precise. Furthermore there is the problem of the unprintable border areas. If you set your printer to borderless printing usually the print scale is blown up a bit, so not in scale.
An alternative is to print to pdf in the desired size and have it printed on paper at a plot-service.

dellus      
XXX
Reply | Threaded
|

XXX
I got it Dellus.

Thanks for the help.

-X
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by XXX
With a bit of googling I have found a possible other way. If you print/export to a large sized pdf you can then use the "pdf-XChange viewer" to print it out on several smaller sheets. It is free, though not open source. I have not tried it out, but its probably worth a try.

dellus
XXX
Reply | Threaded
|

XXX
I'll take a look.

THX

On 04/12/2016 05:02 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
With a bit of googling I have found a possible other way. If you print/export to a large sized pdf you can then use the "pdf-XChange viewer" to print it out on several smaller sheets. It is free, though not open source. I have not tried it out, but its probably worth a try.

dellus

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/A-printing-question-tp5713444p5713463.html
To unsubscribe from A printing question, click here.
NAML