classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: LibreCAD 2.1.3 - Paper-Scale Vs. Print paper output is notidentical

Hans

Hello

The meaning of "Print does not work" means, that nothing happens at all.

It is not possible to create a PDF or to make a Job to a Printer.

The only way to create a PDF-File is, if I do a PDF-Export.

But in this case, de PDF is to small (around 0.97 factor, but it shoult be 1.0 factor) when I even have für Example "1:100".

Regards

Hans

Von: [hidden email]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. August 2019 11:27
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: LibreCAD 2.1.3 - Paper-Scale Vs. Print paper output is notidentical

What means "Print" does not work? Nothing happens at all? It happens at certain circumstances (maybe when the printer has been offline at a first try, but I'm not sure) that in the printer driver's dialog "Print to file" is ticked. Take this out.
Then again, when you try to print via a pdf, or also directly from LC, it may be that in your printer driver's dialog it is set to fit within the printable area, instead of strictly 1:1, this could explain the factor of 0.97.  

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.librecad.org/LibreCAD-2-1-3-Paper-Scale-Vs-Print-paper-output-is-not-identical-tp5717628p5717630.html

To unsubscribe from LibreCAD 2.1.3 - Paper-Scale Vs. Print paper output is not identical, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AW: LibreCAD 2.1.3 - Paper-Scale Vs. Print paper output is notidentical

dellus
I can't give a better answer at the moment.
Be aware that you have to stay in "Print Preview" mode when printing or exporting to pdf. Otherwise the scale settings will be lost and print to fit, with a free space around the objects, will be applied.
Reply | Threaded
|

ubiquitous
I find that once I have set scale to desired ratio and chosen "Fixed" I can then subsequently 'print' the current drawing at that ratio without having to print preview again.
Version: 2.1.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 6.2.0
Compiled on: Sep 17 2016
Qt Version: 5.9.5
Boost Version: 1.62.0
System: Linux Mint 19
Reply | Threaded
|

ubiquitous
In reply to this post by Hans
Attached is a 2 page Word document that describes some things I have discovered about printing.LibreCAD_Printing.doc