- I am planning to built LibreCAD from source on Windows XP computers, but
I am unable to install QT SDK on Windows XP computer.
- I know that it is a little bit out of topic, but maybe some developers
can give me some clue !?
- I downloaded the QT SDK offline installer for Windows.
When I start the installer, it take several hours to install; and
finally pop up an error message.
I tried to install it on 2 different Windows XP computer, and the result
is the same as described above.
- Is it possible that the QT SDK offline installer is not the way to
go to install QT SDK. That I have to use the online installer !?
I am a first-time compiler. I downloaded the offline QT-SDK and installed to winXP (SP3) without incident last week, though it took a very long time.
I was able to compile LibreCAD the first time. There were lots of error messages, but it worked.
- Attached an image of the first "Installer Error" that pop up when trying
to install using the Qt SDK Offline installer.
- I tried another time using the Qt SDK Online installer and the install
process was faster, but the errors remains.
I clicked on "Ignore" button every time an error pop up, and finally
Qt SDK was installed.
But I suspect that it is not functional :-(
Re: About LibreCAD and QT SDK on Windows computers
> you need to turn of shadow build.
> Shadow build is not yet supported, this is why the respected script
> (scripts\postprocess-win.bat) cannot be found.
- Thank you Ries,
- I turned shadow build off.
But, seems that there is other things going wrong...
- Below the messages displayed in Qt Creator Compile Output.
- The process of testing/debugging this problem is really lengthy, since
it happen only when doing a "Rebuilt All" :-(
- I will continue to track down this problem, but will not have as
much time as before since I return to work tomorrow (was in holiday).
This explain this flood of bugs and patches in the LibreCAD
And I put another little bug report into it today ;-)