Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Autosave Backup of Unamed file

strikeeagleIII
I just lost a few hours of work (dumb mistake)--I started drawing in a new file but then never saved it and Librecad crashed (very similar to this post) However, after Librecad crashed, I immediately reopened thinking it would at least notify me there was an unsaved autosave file, but it did not (which is when I searched and found the above post). I closed Librecad and found the Unamed file in C:\Users\BeachFam\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD, but after copying it to a better location and renaming it, I opened it and it was blank, presumably overwritten when I reopened LibreCad.  Would it be possible to either notify the user there is an unsaved autosave file or at least make sure it doesn't get overwritten by making the filename unique?

I could reproduce this. (i.e. make a file with something in it, wait for it to be autosaved, close without saving, copy the Unamed file to confirm it had autosaved correctly, reopen Librecad and zoom around or do whatever to activate the autosave, wait for it to be autosaved and then go back and check the unnamed file again).  In trying to reproduce it, I also noticed that if you have two unnamed files opened only the active one appears to get autosaved.