Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Basic help for newcomer.

52midnight
I've used lots of CAD systems, but can't get the hang of LibreCAD.

I open a new drawing, draw a line, click on Copy when the Commandline says "Select to copy".

I click on the line which changes from solid white to red dashed.

I then click on Paste and get "Set reference point" so I click - nothing happens. I enter coordinates - nothing happens. I hit Ctrl-V - nothing happens.

Also, when I try to save a Block - nothing happens. I can't find any description in the Manual about copying, nor about Modify -> Move/Copy or any other entry.

Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Basic help for newcomer.

dellus
As it is possible to select several objects at once or one after the other, you have to close your selection process with 'Enter'.
Does this help?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Basic help for newcomer.

52midnight
Yes, and thanks for the reply. After some more experimenting, I've realized that the functional sequences of GUI operation are somewhat unique. I've also discovered a number of omissions, that I regard as impediments to efficient work: for example, there's no "Duplicate Layer", and when I copy a selection to the clipboard and move to another layer, the subsequent Paste copies into the previous layer.

The documentation is also of a style that does not appeal, so I've moved to another CAD program.