Block loading problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Block loading problems

martinbe
Hi, I've started using Librecad recently, I'm getting used to it, however when I try to import a specific .dwg drawing with multiple layers and xrefs (blocks) none of the block are showing up in the drawing. They are all listed in the block list but I can't see them or select them on the drawing itself, any ideas? Here is the file: Lift_003.dwg 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Block loading problems

grherr

Greetings,

I would first check if the layer that the "missing" blocks are on is turned on. That is the eyeball-like icon in the layer list. If it is gray, then it is not turned on. Click on it to turn it on.

Another thing to check is that version 2.1 has some problems with disappearing entities. You could try saving the drawing file, closing it, and then reloading it. That usually brings back the entities. I understand version 2.2, when it is released, will fix this problem.

HTH.

Girvin Herr

On 10/12/2017 11:05 AM, martinbe [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Hi, I've started using Librecad recently, I'm getting used to it, however when I try to import a specific .dwg drawing with multiple layers and xrefs (blocks) none of the block are showing up in the drawing. They are all listed in the block list but I can't see them or select them on the drawing itself, any ideas? Here is the file: Lift_003.dwg 

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Block-loading-problems-tp5715348.html
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by martinbe
If your blocks really are xrefs, it will not work. xref means "external reference", a link to another file. So this file has to be present too, it's not incorporated in the first file. I am not sure, but I think LibreCad does not support this procedure at all.
I have tested your file in Draftsight, a more advanced 2d-Cadsystem, this shows the missing external references as text insertions for instance like "Xref C:\Program Files\AutoCad R14\CDC\pcontrol.dwg".
Also be aware that dwg import in LC is experimental, no guarantee to work.  
Reply | Threaded
|

martinbe
Yeah they're all xrefs, that's how I used to work in autoCAD. I tried other files and they all do the same thing, I've set the 'part libraries' path to where the files are but still nothing. So I would have to re-do all my drawings? I've tried re-importing one of the file, I can insert it to a specific point easily enough, the problem is with the scaling, is there a way to scale from 1 point to another while having a point fixed like an anchor? To kind of 'stretch' my part to where it used to be? Thanks for the quick answers by the way, great community. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Unfortunately the "scale" command doesn't provide point to point definition, you have to calculate a factor by your own. If you have somewhat round values it doable.
The "stretch" command only works in one direction, so you would have to do it for x and y direction separately and use a help construction, too complicated.
Edit: not usable anyway, as it only moves defined points and doesn't scale proportionally. Me stupid.