Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bonjour tout le monde de la belle Alsace

Christian
OK, passed the title (Hello everybody from beautiful Alsace) I will stick to English.
I started about a month ago with LibeCAD. Some time ago I tried DraftSight but found it too complicated for what i wanted to do considering I had to learn how to use a CAD program first.
So far with LibreCAD I was able to draw my first object after quite a few trial and errors plus lots of readings on the Net. My needs for drawing are mainly linked with woodworking.
When I realised that French was not well or entirely translated, I decided to help with translation.
A bit about me: I am nearly 70 and, of course, retired from an American company where I spent my whole life. Engineer by trade I basically installed and repaired machines throughout the world.
When at college and university my drawings, pencil, were always messy and when, much later, computers and then CAD came about I really fancied having a go at one. As I said above, DraftSight did not help me plus they fill your message box with Emails.
So far I am quite happy with LibreCAD and will try to take part in the translation as much as possible.

Regards to all,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bonjour tout le monde de la belle Alsace

dxli
Bonjour!

I am old enough to have done pencil drawings in college, and that experience actually makes me appreciate CAD better.

To draw by the precision of 1 in 10^10 (the current LibreCAD), and to easily zooming in/out.

Or simply to draw a nice ellipse is with CAD. Do we still remember the clever ways to approximate an ellipse manually?

Christian wrote
OK, passed the title (Hello everybody from beautiful Alsace) I will stick to English.
I started about a month ago with LibeCAD. Some time ago I tried DraftSight but found it too complicated for what i wanted to do considering I had to learn how to use a CAD program first.
So far with LibreCAD I was able to draw my first object after quite a few trial and errors plus lots of readings on the Net. My needs for drawing are mainly linked with woodworking.
When I realised that French was not well or entirely translated, I decided to help with translation.
A bit about me: I am nearly 70 and, of course, retired from an American company where I spent my whole life. Engineer by trade I basically installed and repaired machines throughout the world.
When at college and university my drawings, pencil, were always messy and when, much later, computers and then CAD came about I really fancied having a go at one. As I said above, DraftSight did not help me plus they fill your message box with Emails.
So far I am quite happy with LibreCAD and will try to take part in the translation as much as possible.

Regards to all,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bonjour tout le monde de la belle Alsace

ravas
In reply to this post by Christian
Because you are trying to contribute to the translation and documentation,
I think it is important that you know about the big changes that have happened
and will happen.
http://forum.librecad.org/GUI-update-td5712246.html