Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can No Longer Import DWG Files

Tango
My architect for our house design is using AutoCAD.  When he sent me the first set of plans, they were in a DWG file.  I experimented on several CAD programs with loading them and, in the long run, settled on LibreCAD.  At the time I was using the stable version, I think it, a the time, I was using 2.0.8, but I probably upgraded to 2.0.9 when it came out, so I could have been using that.

From there on, I was saving in DXF files and was able to export to one version of DXF to send to my architect so he could import my changes.

Now we're at another point where I want to make some changes.  I was working with an older nightly build of 2.1.0 and I tried to import the DWG file, but I was not able to select it to open it from within LibreCAD.  I figured maybe it was something wrong with that particular build, so I checked and found 2.0.10 is apparently the stable version now and downloaded that.  I still can't even select the DWG files.

I know, and it's mentioned in one of my earlier posts, that I had opened the DWG files I was sent a couple months ago, but I can't even select DWG files to open now.

What can I do about this?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can No Longer Import DWG Files

ravas
I'm not on my iMac currently, but I know you need to click on something to reveal the file types in the Open dialog. Then you select DWG.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tango
Thanks!

I don't know if it's an OS upgrade or what, but in the past, there used to be a drop-down where you could select file types.  It's gone.  Instead there's an "Option" button in the lower left of Apple's file requestor.  In the example below, I drew a red square around it.

Click on "Option" and it lets you pick the filetypes.

The "Option" button, instead of the filetypes dropdown must be new.

File Requestor
Reply | Threaded
|

Cantar4
tested with  Librecad 2.1.0 alpha 11 (May 01 2016 built):
Opened in the File menu, the search page dropdown menu offers
DWG in the drawing files list.
(even a weird .Jwv I never heard of before !)