classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't zomming with the mouse-wheel in 2.0.5 version

Rockselk
Hi

A few minutes ago, I installed the 2.0.5 version in my PC with Windows XP.

The problem is that I can't zoom using the mouse-wheel, probably be the 5.3.1 version of QT that causes the error and also when I'm clicking the "print preview", the draft can't be centered.

I remember that LibreCAD 2.0.3 with the QT 5.3.1 has the same problem with the print command and then was changed with QT 5.2.1.

The 2.0.4 version works fine.

Regards.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't zomming with the mouse-wheel in 2.0.5 version

dxli
Just tested our official 2.0.5 windows installer from sf.net on Windows 7,  I can zoom in/out with mouse wheel. Also Shift + mouse wheel to pan vertically, and Ctl + mouse wheel to pan harizontally.

Rockselk wrote
Hi

A few minutes ago, I installed the 2.0.5 version in my PC with Windows XP.

The problem is that I can't zoom using the mouse-wheel, probably be the 5.3.1 version of QT that causes the error and also when I'm clicking the "print preview", the draft can't be centered.

I remember that LibreCAD 2.0.3 with the QT 5.3.1 has the same problem with the print command and then was changed with QT 5.2.1.

The 2.0.4 version works fine.

Regards.
Reply | Threaded
|

ng4thraider
In reply to this post by Rockselk
I am having same issue with mouse wheel zooming. Windows 7, SCM 2.05,GNU GCC 4.8.2, QtVersion 5.3.1
No zoom or pan (with hotkeys) using mouse wheel.
Just posting to verify Rockselk's issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
are you using a physical mouse? or doing gestures on a touchpad?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by ng4thraider
I've tested Win 8.1 and XP, and zooming and panning worked on both for me.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

ng4thraider
In reply to this post by dxli
Im using a physical mouse, however have found that zooming and panning works if I open a DXF by going to File\Open in LibreCAD, If I doubleclick a dxf file in windows file manager, librecad opens and zoom and pan doesnt work.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Can you use Main menu: View -> Zoom in/out actions to change zooming, when mouse wheel fails.

ng4thraider wrote
Im using a physical mouse, however have found that zooming and panning works if I open a DXF by going to File\Open in LibreCAD, If I doubleclick a dxf file in windows file manager, librecad opens and zoom and pan doesnt work.
Reply | Threaded
|

ng4thraider
Yes, Can use zoom with menu and buttons in tool bar

will have forum open tomorrow most of the day, sorry for intermittent replys.
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
If it helps:

In windows when you install an upgrade for LibreCAD over an existing version of LibreCAD, you can delete the data roaming file - in the windows search bar type in %appdata% then choose the 'Roaming Data option and hit enter, navigate to the LibreCAD folder and delete it. Then restart your new version/upgrdae of LibreCAD and things should be ok now when Zooming etc. - a new roamming data file will be rebuilt.
Reply | Threaded
|

poikilos
That would be %LOCALAPPDATA% not roaming (%APPDATA%), and deleting %LOCALAPPDATA%\LibreCAD resolved the issue for me. I did install 2.0.5 over a previous version.
Reply | Threaded
|

brndnl
I am having the same issue. I just installed a clean version of windows 7 enterprise, and I have been reinstalling all the software I had. I think I had version 2.04 previously that worked without any issues. I installed 2.05 and I cannot scroll with the mouse. This is a very frustrating problem. I don't have any previous data on the hard drive, so clearing the appdata folder won't do anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I can confirm this issue with LC 2.0.5 on Windows.

I haven't found a rule by now when this happens, but I can prompt for the issue when I open drawings in Inch. Then, but not always, the mouse wheel is ignored. Open drawings with Millimeter as base unit the mouse wheel works fine rather always.

I'm working on it.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Well, this was a bug, not only on Windows. It happened randomly because of an uninitialized variable.

It should be fixed now with my commit 7e7674fc on master branch.

If you can build from source, pull latest changes to fix this.
For windows I will prepare a nightly build installer next days.

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
good catch! Armin.

LordOfBikes wrote
Well, this was a bug, not only on Windows. It happened randomly because of an uninitialized variable.

It should be fixed now with my commit 7e7674fc on master branch.

If you can build from source, pull latest changes to fix this.
For windows I will prepare a nightly build installer next days.

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Please find a nightly build Windows installer on sf.net, from latest source, where this mouse wheel issue is solved:

LibreCAD-Installer-2.0.6-rc-15-g6622a7e.exe

Armin