Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Copy Layer List to Anotehr File

Tango
I'll be clear about what I don't want, first, since it would be so easy to misunderstand this.

I do NOT want to copy data in any layers to other layers or to another file.

What I'd like to do is copy the layer list or a number of layer definitions from one file to another.  Is that possible?

I have a file from my architect that uses his standard layers and layer coloring.  I want to copy about 15 of those layers, with names and colors right into another file I'm using.  I know I can go through, on my own, and create 15 layers, but that means going back and forth, checking each layer color and name and switching back to my file and creating them.

Is there a shortcut to grab the layers in one file and paste them in another?

I'm using Version 2.10-Alpha, Commit 984f36c, Compiled on May 10, 2016.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Copy Layer List to Anotehr File

ravas
You could delete all the entities in the drawing and save it under a different name.

I recommend upgrading to 2.1.3,
or if you prefer to continue as a tester:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/OSX/2.2/2.2.0/alpha/
Reply | Threaded
|

Tango
Thank you, ravas!  (I cannot believe how many times you're there with the answer - it's much appreciated!)

So, basically, I'll have to do it as a template file for future use?

I have been so tied up and locked in with this project, which is building a house, a 2,000 foot driveway, and renovating a barn that has all the charm of the kind of "The Blair Witch Project," that I have not been able to keep up with anything else.  I didn't know new versions were out.  Does 2.1.3 include the docks and such that would be in the version I'm using now?  (I've gotten used to them and can work much faster with them.)

Once I have time to breathe (which is after I finish the driveway and get the application for the building permit for barn renovations done), I want to make a donation to LibreCAD.  It's been quite helpful to me.  My architect would send me the .dxf file exported from AutoCAD, I could make my changes, and send it back to him.  That saved us a LOT of time!  (At one point, I completely redesigned the 2nd floor in a few days and I could not have done that without LibreCAD.)  Now I'm doing the plans for our barn renovations and, again, LibreCAD is making that possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Yes all the same widgets are in 2.1.3

Thanks for letting us know how LibreCAD helped you.

There is talk about accepting donations, but some obstacles remain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tango
So there's no setup for donations yet?  If there is anything, like paying for hosting space, or anything, I'd be glad to chip in on that bill.  (I don't even need a receipt for tax purposes - I just want to help out a bit!)

I don't know if you're ever in need of testimonials or anything, but I'll be glad to write that up (about how LibreCAD helped me) if it helps you in anyway.  We ended up with a much bigger house than we needed and it took some serious redesign.  I was going over it with the architect and using GIMP to edit simple black and white images the architect sent us, but that didn't allow for any easy way to make sure I was using the proper scale for features (and matching things from 1st to 2nd floor).  I spent about 5 days, almost day and night, editing the plans on LibreCAD (including learning how to use a CAD program) and the architect said he was quite impressed with the changes I made for the smaller version of the house.

I could not have done half of what I did (and that includes saving, literally, tens of thousands of dollars in construction costs) if it had not been for LibreCAD.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
This post was updated on .
Nothing official yet... *final jeopardy music plays*

Maybe we could make a wiki page for testimonials... thanks!