4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Copying entities does not maintain properties

grherr
Greetings,
I am using LibreCad 2.1.3 under Slackware Linux 14.2 (K4.4.38) and xfce4 4.12.0.
When I copy and paste an entity such as text, the pasted version properties have changed from the original. For example, I like my text bolder to see it on the laser printout. So, I changed the layer the text is supposed to be associated with to a line width of "0.13mm (ISO)", which makes the text quite visible. However, the pasted text assumes a line width of 0, not the layer's 0.13mm. If I then use the properties tool without changing anything in the dialog, just clicking on Ok, the text changes to the layer's value of 0.13mm. This manual changing is a work-around, but it is very tedious every time I copy text. The difference is not noticeable on-screen until zoomed in. Otherwise the text with the 0 line width looks like the text with 0.13mm line width. So this workaround is more tedious than it sounds. I waste a lot of paper determining which text is incorrect.
Is there somethings I can change or do to prevent this from happening or is this a bug to issue a bug report on?
Thanks.
Girvin Herr
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Copying entities does not maintain properties

dellus
After a little testing, I have found out that after saving and reopening the drawing, the proper line width is applied and shown. In the development version (2.2 series) this bug seems to be fixed.
You should be able to see the actual line width in the print preview, so no need to waste a lot of paper.
Reply | Threaded
|  

grherr

dellus,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, your save-close-open tip does restore the line width. That is another work-around that can be applied on a bulk basis. In other words, I can make a lot of copy-pastes, ignoring the line width, and then restore them all with one save-close-open operation. Too bad there is no Reload file option. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, too, for the print preview. I can zoom in on the text and see the text that is not correct. That will prevent me from wasting paper. I was not aware the zoom worked in print preview until now. Thanks for the second tip.

I will keep an eye out for the 2.2 series release. It may solve some other "bugs" I have been experiencing. This posting was just the first of many I am planning to post and see if there are any solutions to before I file a bug report.

Thanks again and take care.
Girvin

On 08/01/2017 04:59 AM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
After a little testing, I have found out that after saving and reopening the drawing, the proper line width is applied and shown. In the development version (2.2 series) this bug seems to be fixed.
You should be able to see the actual line width in the print preview, so no need to waste a lot of paper.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Copying-entities-does-not-maintain-properties-tp5715137p5715138.html
To unsubscribe from Copying entities does not maintain properties, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|  

grherr
In reply to this post by grherr
Greetings,
This is more of a FYI than a posting expecting a response. I have noticed another annoying "feature" of LibreCad 2.1.3. The text disappears. I believe this is related to my first posting because the same solution applies - save-close-open restores the text visibility.

The symptoms are that if I edit existing text using the Tools | Properties dialog and Ok the result, the text that was edited disappears. If I zoom out, the text may reappear, but when I zoom back in, the text disappears again. Using my trick of bringing up Properties and OK without doing anything seems to bring the text back again. So too, will dellus' save-close-open tip.

Related to this "feature" is that sometimes text will partially disappear from one end or the other. Zooming in will blank out more of the text and zooming out will display more. It's as if there was a frame around the text which the text shall not pass.

Thanks.
Girvin Herr