classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Creating a new Block

RayArdia
I'm having a problem.
I select Create Block, either from the main menu (top of screen), the Block List or the Tool Palette. Cursor becomes a hached cross. I then try to select the item I wish to make a Block - nothing further happens, no other dialog box, just nothing!

What am I doing wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Creating a new Block

LordOfBikes
Administrator
When you have a look on the command line on the bottom, LibreCAD tells you what to do.

Use Create Block and the command line ask you to select entities for the block to create.
Please note the selection tool bar to the left. Use one of the tools from the tool bar or simply click on the entities.
After finishing selection press ENTER or click the button on the bottom of the selection tool bar, with the double arrow pointing to the right.
Now the command line ask you to specify the reference point for the block and the cursor becomes the dashed cross.
Click the reference point for the block or enter the coordinates on the command line.
Then you are finally asked for the block name. Assign a name for the block and confirm it by clicking in OK.

That's all.

Armin

investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Creating a new Block

RayArdia
That's what I expected to happen but I wasn't looking for the Command Lind to prompt me to select the reference point!
All's well now, thanks for the help.