Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimension do not match the drawing

Chetv
I have been chasing my tail through tutorials and documentation and cant find out why the dimensions on a drawing I made do not match the element I drew. Made a circle, checked properties, everything ok. Added dimension per the instructions and it came out an entirely different number.

Can someone tell me what I have to change to get them to agree. Everything in inches.

Thanks,
Chet
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimension do not match the drawing

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Can you please give more details.

How much does the dimension differ from the expected value?
Maybe it's only a matter of correct snap mode.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Chetv
In reply to this post by Chetv
The dimensions are way off. Circle radius per properties (and what I drew) 2.55". Dimension comes up with 0.6375". Every dimension is off like this. I'm wondering if I did something with the scaling that would cause this but I check some things and couldn't find scaling ratio. 2 other concentric circles are similar.
R = 3.05 comes out .7625; r = 3.75 comes out .9375
All off 4:1

I'm with this program and am working with what tutorials I could find but but most seem to using older versions of the program and are a little hard to follow. I would appreciate your suggestions.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Is the Length Factor option set to 1?
Look in the Dimensions tab of Current Drawing Preferences.

I've never looked into why this value changes, because I don't use dimensions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chetv
Ravas,
Thanks that was it. Now the part prints very small so I have to find the printing tutorial to find out why the item prints so small.

Chet