Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing Arc with Chord as Base

electrosteam
When I use the drop-down dialog to select "Circle - 2 Points, Radius" and apply the selection to a straight line, I get an error message that the radius is too small, with a hint that the radius is set at 1 mm.

I have investigated the available help sources and I can see that there is an "arc" command.
I have experimented and demonstrated that, if the line is less than 2 mm, a circle is drawn, so the command does work.

But, I cannot discover how to set the radius, how to select which side of the line to draw the circle, or how to restrict the generated line to an arc, rather than a circle, or how to use the arc command in this way.

My design problem, 5000 mm chord with 18000 mm radius, has been solved by construction, so the question is not urgent.

Just looking for guidance:
 - how to do this specific requirement,
 - how to get a list of allowed commands with examples of syntax.

Starting to use LibreCAD for serious work with complete satisfaction,
John
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing Arc with Chord as Base

LordOfBikes
Administrator
When you select the tool, somewhere on the top tool bars the tool option bar should appear where you can set the radius for the tool.
There are many other tools using the tool option bar too, e.g. parallel lines, angle lines, circle-center-radius and others.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing Arc with Chord as Base

electrosteam
Dammit Armin, you are spot-on.

Never noticed that little box before,
Thanks,
John