Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing preferences - setting the default

rappel
Is there any way to set the default current drawing preferences so that I don't have to set these each time?
Can't see anything obvious.

Specifically I'd like to be able to set the paper size and orientation, the drawing units and the text height of dimensions and a couple of other dimension characteristics.

It doesn't have to be through the GUI, I don't mind editing a config file somewhere if this has the same effect.

I'm on Win 7.

Many thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing preferences - setting the default

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD\resources\library\templates\empty.dxf
Set your preferred settings in Current Drawing Preferences and save the file.
Then, next time you open a new file, the settings are there.

empty.dxf is the default template, loaded when you start up LibreCAD.
Also, when you create a frame inside empty.dxf, you will always start with that.
You can have more templates e.g. for different paper size or orientation and use New From Template to open them.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

rappel
Thanks. That'll do fine.
Reply | Threaded
|

adrian.d
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
This method does appear to ensure that the "Current drawing preferences" (most tediously otherwise, those on the dimensions tab) get loaded for new files.

But there does not currently seem to be any way of setting the default paper options for any printer?

All of my several physical and virtual printers are set at OS level (W10pro) to one or other metric paper sizes, but every one of them in LibreCad defaults to "letter", and even setting it for the first print in a current session does not help - it reverts to "letter" every time.

Is there any way to set LibreCad to respect a machine printing default of e.g. landscape A3?