3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Exporting jpg/bmp lose lineweights...

RachSchurr
Hi,
I am a new user, I have used AutoCAD for 20 years but am completely new to LibreCAD.
I am having an issue, when I try and export from the print preview view(I want black and white, if there's another way to do this I would be interested) to a jpg or bmp format I am losing all the line weights. If I export from the same place to pdf format the line weights are correct.
What am I missing? Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Exporting jpg/bmp lose lineweights...

dellus
Sadly, I have to confirm this. As a workaround you may convert the pdf to an image format or use a printing app like PDFCreator, where you can also print to an image format with a settable resolution.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Exporting jpg/bmp lose lineweights...

grherr
In reply to this post by RachSchurr

On 08/07/2017 06:40 PM, RachSchurr [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Hi,
I am a new user, I have used AutoCAD for 20 years but am completely new to LibreCAD.
I am having an issue, when I try and export from the print preview view(I want black and white, if there's another way to do this I would be interested) to a jpg or bmp format I am losing all the line weights. If I export from the same place to pdf format the line weights are correct.
What am I missing? Cheers

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Exporting-jpg-bmp-lose-lineweights-tp5715169.html
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
NAML
RachSchurr,
I do not see any replies to your posting, so I, also a new user of LibreCad, will step in and propose a few hints based on my experience.

1. Make sure your layer line width is something other than 0. 0 seems to be the default and I use 0.13mm (ISO), which produces readable entities on my laser printer. If it is 0, the print is unreadable to me because the pixels are too small.

2. Make sure the entity you are drawing is on the correct layer. This is a problem for me. I often end up forgetting to change the layer to what I want and I start drawing on the wrong layer. The entities can be changed with Tools | Modify | attributes, but it is still tedious. If this is your problem, the wrong layer may have the line width set to 0.

3. LibreCad 2.1.3 has a bug ("Feature?") that causes entities to change their line width to 0, even though the entity's layer line width is otherwise. It usually occurs when I edit text and afterward, the text I edited has its line width reset to 0. If the Tools | Modify | Properties dialog is brought up on the text and just "Okay"ed without doing anything else in the dialog, that will set the line width properly. However, if more then a few entities are affected, that procedure is tedious. Then it was suggested in one of my threads here recently on this subject, to Save the drawing, Close it, and then reopen it. That usually restores all such affected entities to the proper line width. I was also told that this "feature" will be fixed in 2.2.x.

Alas, I have not used the bmp or jpeg filters, so I cannot comment on them. There is a program called pstoedit that converts one type of vector graphic file to another. It does support DXF. I use it to convert some PDF drawings I have to DXF so I can continue editing them in LibreCad. It may be able to convert your DXF files to something you could use. It has many options such as scale (separate x & y), rotation, etc.

HTH.
Girvin Herr