Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extrusion Vectors/3D Arcs

coryjc190
I noted when I opened up a DXF file created by autocad, some of the arcs were 180 degrees off. It turned out the extrusion vector for these arcs was 0,0,-1 (as opposed to 0,0,1). I was temped to modify the software to handle this more gracefully by simply accounting for the extrusion vector when reading the arc angles. I was curious as to whether or not there were plans to make librecad work in 3D, in which case a more graceful solution than what I am proposing would be needed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Extrusion Vectors/3D Arcs

dxli
hi,

we would like to focus on 2D CAD. Internal data can be 3D though.
Reply | Threaded
|

coryjc190
You are going to have to forgive me for being a neophyte to open source developments. Should I email a GIT patch or is there someway to create a ticket/change request; or is there something that explains all and I have simply overlooked it?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
we need help from more developers, and I am happy to help to start hacking.

It's easier to send in your code at github by pull requests, and if you are comfortable with git, you can get write access to official repository as well.

You can read through our sf.net bug/feature request trackers:
 librecad bugs/ 
 librecad feature requests/

Please get your account at wiki.librecad.org as well. We have to manually add permissions to your account, to protect us from spammers.

coryjc190 wrote
You are going to have to forgive me for being a neophyte to open source developments. Should I email a GIT patch or is there someway to create a ticket/change request; or is there something that explains all and I have simply overlooked it?
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
put the computer down for a bit...it's Christmas day!!!!