Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Feature request for professional usage of librecad

mickele
I tried to use librecad for professionale usage, and after many attempts, I found some problems that prevent me from an exclusive usage of librecad. I think that some features could be borrowed from other CAD softwares like autocad, bricscad or draftsight.
Here's a list of features would make librecad a killer application:
- text style; on other CAD softwares user can define different text styles that can be applied to texts; if you want to change font or size of all texts using a style, you change only font or size of that style and all related texts update automatically;
- multiple dimension; on librecad dimensions of a single drawing are identical, I mean same arrow and text size, same font etc; you can't have in the same drawing two different dimensions; approach to this problem of other CADs is symilar to text's one: you define so many dimension style as you need and assign them to all dimensions you create;
- standard icons; if you want to draw a line, you have to press two icons; if you want to draw a circle after the line, you have to press other three icons; with a more standard set of toolbar you should press only one icon for every action, saving time; to avoid problems with users accustomed to the current behaviour, the best solution is to add a new set of toolbar, so that every user can choose behaviour he prefers;
- print: usually I create different plots in the same drawing; for example I draw a complex structure and I plot single component on different sheets; with librecad I have to create a print layout from zero every time I want to plot a single part of my drawing; on other CADs I can create different print layouts that are stored in the drawing; if I change the drawing I can immediately print updated layouts, without starting from zero (this feature is called paper space).

I hope these scattered ideas are useful to improve librecad!