5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

German translation

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

my name is Armin and I would like to ask for review and submit permission on the LibreCAD Translation Server. My nickname there is LordOfBikes too.

As native German I want to contribute in German translation.

In the near future my goal is to contribute in developement too. I'm a full-time C++ developer on MS Windows. In private life I'm a convinced Linux user with some Qt4 skills.

Regards,

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: German translation

dxli
Hi Armin,

I was on vacation last week, sorry for the late reply.

We definitely need help to achieve LibreCAD-2.0 release.

I will add permissions for your account on translate.librecad.org

Some things you may help:

1, help building Windows installation package, as you may have noticed, we don't even have packages for 2.0.0beta4, 2.0.0beta5, 1.0.3 for windows (or OS/X)
2, help fixing crashes on windows. Currently, I use linux the most, and we don't have a windows developer here.
3, after releasing of 2.0, we can develop 2.1 for wonderful new features.

Regards,

Dongxu Li

LordOfBikes wrote
Hi,

my name is Armin and I would like to ask for review and submit permission on the LibreCAD Translation Server. My nickname there is LordOfBikes too.

As native German I want to contribute in German translation.

In the near future my goal is to contribute in developement too. I'm a full-time C++ developer on MS Windows. In private life I'm a convinced Linux user with some Qt4 skills.

Regards,

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

thanks for upgrading my permissions.

About my contribution in LC development I'm in stage of orientation. I have anything up and running with Qt4.8 on my Linux 64-bit system. I can build and run the latest github version.

I've tried to setup everything on my office PC with Win XP Pro. I can build LC without errors but I couldn't run the Debug build. It crashes with a segmentation fault before any window is opened. I tried different versions of Qt, MuParser an Boost without any change.

Is it my fault, that the built version doesn't start?
Is there anybody who has sucessfully build LC on Windows?
What is the latest commit, that is known to build an run on Windows?

If I could setup a working system on Windows, I'll think about your suggestions for contributing in Windows development.

Regards,

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
hi,

I tested windows building recently with this wiki: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source

I tested building with MSVC (thanks to Martin on patches for MSVC) last year.

I will test debug mode to identify the problem.

Thanks,

Dongxu

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM, LordOfBikes [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

thanks for upgrading my permissions.

About my contribution in LC development I'm in stage of orientation. I have anything up and running with Qt4.8 on my Linux 64-bit system. I can build and run the latest github version.

I've tried to setup everything on my office PC with Win XP Pro. I can build LC without errors but I couldn't run the Debug build. It crashes with a segmentation fault before any window is opened. I tried different versions of Qt, MuParser an Boost without any change.

Is it my fault, that the built version doesn't start?
Is there anybody who has sucessfully build LC on Windows?
What is the latest commit, that is known to build an run on Windows?

If I could setup a working system on Windows, I'll think about your suggestions for contributing in Windows development.

Regards,

Armin

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/German-translation-tp5707931p5707965.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML

--
Dongxu Li, Ph.D.
www.librecad.org
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

about the issue, that I couldn't start my own built LC version on Windows, I could give you all-clear signal.

First time i followed the Wiki instructions too, only my already installed Qt 4.8 mismatched. I tried the versions 2.2.2 from MuParser and the 1.48 Boost libraries, as provided in the settings_windows.pro. And later I tried with Qt 5.0.2. All combinations didn't work. Maybe the reason is, that I have not cleanly removed the packages when switching between the versions. I don't know now.

I have now setup the system on an other Qt free Windows XP PC and everything worked from the beginning. I can build LC and start this version now.

Regards,

Armin