4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings from CZ

castlefipo_cz
Hello everybody!
I am Filip from Czech Republic.

I see great potential in LibreCad as open-source software for CAD.

I have Bc Architecture degree, but currently my jobtime is full of Web Apps developement (PHP/JavaScript, etc.), coding (HTML/CSS) and Web Design (graphics - 2D, 3D, etc.). In free time my head is full of creating or extending existing open-source CAD systems. I've wanted to make my own CAD-like Web App with specific features for creating (simple) buildings, some sort of 2D BIM, but if I would have to code it from clean, it would be very very long way.
So I decided to join the LibreCad world and would like to try extending LibreCad with some features that could make LibreCad more useable for Civil Engineering and rise up the possible productivity.

And maybe, I would like to help with enhancing GUI - enhanced icons, etc.

Have a nice day!
Filip
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings from CZ

dxli
Hi Filip,

Our GUI needs more care for sure. In my opinion, even a reworking of the v2 GUI would be good.

Since you are a web developer, are you interested in investigating LibreCAD by HTML5?

For LibreCAD v2, I'm not sure whether emscripten-qt would be good enough.

For LibreCAD v3, we will have some freedom on GUI.

castlefipo_cz wrote
Hello everybody!
I am Filip from Czech Republic.

I see great potential in LibreCad as open-source software for CAD.

I have Bc Architecture degree, but currently my jobtime is full of Web Apps developement (PHP/JavaScript, etc.), coding (HTML/CSS) and Web Design (graphics - 2D, 3D, etc.). In free time my head is full of creating or extending existing open-source CAD systems. I've wanted to make my own CAD-like Web App with specific features for creating (simple) buildings, some sort of 2D BIM, but if I would have to code it from clean, it would be very very long way.
So I decided to join the LibreCad world and would like to try extending LibreCad with some features that could make LibreCad more useable for Civil Engineering and rise up the possible productivity.

And maybe, I would like to help with enhancing GUI - enhanced icons, etc.

Have a nice day!
Filip
Reply | Threaded
|

castlefipo_cz
Hi dxli,

I've been trying to compile LibreCad from Source for the first time and it was successfull! So I am happy that I can implement and test my possible GUI enhancements for LibreCad and other playing.

I've already thought about new GUI icons and some GUI functionality enhancements. I tried to add my own redesigned icons (just two) to my first compilation of LibreCad, but I am not satisfied with them - it was just the first try design. I would like to design some drafts by weekend and post them here (or to dev topic) for possible discussion.

I tried something in Qt year ago, so I am little familiar with Qt and C++ and so I think there is no need to re-compile LibreCad via emscripten-qt to HTML5. It would be interesting to try LibreCad as WebApp but I think browsers aren't still good "OS" for a CAD software like LibreCAD (need to be online, need to have opened browser, speed and cross-browser compatibility issues, etc.).

On the other hand I quickly looked at possibilities of using HTML5 in Qt through QtWebEngine and currently I've found possible use for some summaries, infos, maybe some previews via canvas, or some drawing sharing possibilities etc. But it's first shot ideas deeper learning would be necessary.

Sorry for my English, I haven't used it for a long time so if there was something unclear, please ask :-) I will try to explain it better
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Filip,

something we have been talking for a while:

can we move to the direction of QML/Qt-Quick?

Thanks!

dxli
castlefipo_cz wrote
Hi dxli,

I've been trying to compile LibreCad from Source for the first time and it was successfull! So I am happy that I can implement and test my possible GUI enhancements for LibreCad and other playing.

I've already thought about new GUI icons and some GUI functionality enhancements. I tried to add my own redesigned icons (just two) to my first compilation of LibreCad, but I am not satisfied with them - it was just the first try design. I would like to design some drafts by weekend and post them here (or to dev topic) for possible discussion.

I tried something in Qt year ago, so I am little familiar with Qt and C++ and so I think there is no need to re-compile LibreCad via emscripten-qt to HTML5. It would be interesting to try LibreCad as WebApp but I think browsers aren't still good "OS" for a CAD software like LibreCAD (need to be online, need to have opened browser, speed and cross-browser compatibility issues, etc.).

On the other hand I quickly looked at possibilities of using HTML5 in Qt through QtWebEngine and currently I've found possible use for some summaries, infos, maybe some previews via canvas, or some drawing sharing possibilities etc. But it's first shot ideas deeper learning would be necessary.

Sorry for my English, I haven't used it for a long time so if there was something unclear, please ask :-) I will try to explain it better