Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grid spacing

Tracy
I want to do a project with the base dimensions in feet.  How do I make the grid indicate 12 inches for the subdivisions.  Should I treat each grid division as an inch?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grid spacing

dellus
This post was updated on .
It seems the grid is fixed to decimal subdivision, at least I have found no other way.
Edit: Not quite true. You can have your dimensions read in feet and inches, as in the added sample. Grid spacing is different here, just have noticed now.
arch_inch_1_96_letter.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Grid spacing

Tracy

Thanks.  I guess I'll use inches and scale the drawing so it fits on the screen.

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:37 AM
To: Tracy
Subject: Re: Grid spacing

It seems the grid is fixed to decimal subdivision, at least I have found no other way.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.librecad.org/Grid-spacing-tp5716972p5716979.html

To unsubscribe from Grid spacing, click here.
NAML

Virus-free. www.avg.com
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Just have edited my recent post while you have posted yours. You don't have to scale your drawing to fit the screen. What kind is your project, what scale should it be? If it is housing my sample might help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tracy
My project at this point is a simple rectangle box 60 x 36 x 12 inches.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Well, then a printing scale of about 1:12 for letter paper size would be appropriate, if you want to to show several views of the box on one sheet, or 1:6 or similar whatever is standard in imperials, for one view per sheet.
Even if you don't intend to print it is advisable to consider a scale in order to get reasonable text and arrow sizes in the dimensions.

box_inch_1_12_letter.dxf