Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Heads-up CAD and Blocks

dbleeker
We use CAD for heads-up plan review and I’m trying to migrate to LibreCAD (my old standby 2D CAD program has no more support).  We need to check turn radii on fire apparatus access lanes of proposed site plans to ensure our ladder trucks can make the corners the designer proposes.  So I created a block showing inside radius, outside radius, and center of radius for our ladder truck.  We import the proposed plans as a .jpg image on its own separate layer and then scale the drawing correctly.  Then I place the block (or image from the library browser, I’ve tried it that way too) on another layer in the same drawing.  The problem is that I cannot select and move the block around the drawing.  I need to line our turn radii block up with each turn on the plans to see if our truck can make each curve.  I’m unable to select the block and move it around the drawing.  If I can select the block, it often selects the block and the .jpg layer and combines them both on one layer.  Then I wind up moving both.  It almost seems like a memory problem.  Any ideas?

The computer was spec’d out to run GIS software (ArcMAP) so it handles some complex ops.  My LibreCAD version is 2.1.3 on Windows 7 Professional (x-64).  Intel i7-6700 processor, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD.  NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Heads-up CAD and Blocks

dellus
This is a bug in LC. As a workaround you can select the block only by pulling up a window around it prior to the move command. This doesn't select the larger image.
Testing a bit now I can confirm there is some weird layer behaviour going on. In an existing drawing I have "Properties" tells a different layer for an image than when making a layer invisible.