classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from a german student

durox
Hi,
I'm studying civil engineering and began to use LibreCAD a few weeks ago. We use Allplan or AutoCAD at university, but dualbooting into windows from my linux workstation is not really an ideal workflow for me. Besides I want to use free software in all areas of my daily work. I'm really excited in getting involved. I do most of my programming in Python but am not afraid of C development either and I have already a few ideas to make LibreCAD work better for me and civil engineers in general.

Greetings,
durox
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello from a german student

dxli
Hi durox,

Glad to know you are interested in developing as well as using of LibreCAD.

Currently, we have Armin, also from Germany, as a LibreCAD developer.

To start hacking, please get qtcreator, clone librecad, and play. In Ubuntu, only several steps:

sudo apt-get install git-all qtcreator
sudo apt-get build-dep librecad
mkdir -p ~/develop/
cd ~/develop/
git clone git@github.com:LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
cd LibreCAD/
qtcreator librecad.pro

For some background of current development, feel free to review commits at: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commits/master

If you are targeting some specific features, feel free to ask us to pinpoint the relevant code.

dxli

durox wrote
Hi,
I'm studying civil engineering and began to use LibreCAD a few weeks ago. We use Allplan or AutoCAD at university, but dualbooting into windows from my linux workstation is not really an ideal workflow for me. Besides I want to use free software in all areas of my daily work. I'm really excited in getting involved. I do most of my programming in Python but am not afraid of C development either and I have already a few ideas to make LibreCAD work better for me and civil engineers in general.

Greetings,
durox