classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Here a standard.lff doubled

claus82
Hi all...
As you may have noticed I have several problems with fonts... mainly because I need the thickness of the writing in the dimensions bigger than the thickness ofd the dimensions' lines... For this reason I changed something to the font sandard.lff so that is possible to have the dimensions' values thickness a bit bigger until a new release has other features.
I put the file here, because I may be not the only one with this kind of problem.
I put even those symbols   ≤ and ≥
Just remember that to write those two above you have to write down those symbols
≤ is made writing this ∆
≥ is made writing this ∇
I don't know the reason... honestly I had put the right symbols, but they don't seem to work... so those triangles are the solutioons... ok...
here is the file...
and of course the standard with no double thickness
1.lff
2.lff

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Here a standard.lff doubled

Rallaz
Font definition are in UTF-8
You have added U+2206, name INCREMENT & U+2207, name NABLA instead of

≤ U+2264, name LESS-THAN OR EQUAL TO &
≥ U+2265, name GREATER-THAN OR EQUAL TO

A question:
you have created / modified the files with LibreCAD ?

1.lff => in header do not have "Name" line and License says "unknown"

2.lff => in header "Name" line says "Simplex" and License says "unknown"

You must keep the original license of the previous characters not created by you out of respect for the original author
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Hi Rallaz,
As I said, i modified, I did not create! I just modified a cxf and saved in .lff!
I did not understood what you said about NABLA, ≤ U+2264 and ≥ U+2265. But it seems to work

ANYWAY,

1.lff - I found a cxf and I modified it, I did not touch the license and I do not own it.

2.lff - I reinstalled librecad and I modified the original standard.lff and now I am putting it here, without renaming it, so it should be clear the license (this is the LC license and I do not own this license either).

Check it out, and if I am violating the law just let me know that I will clear my message! (this was 2.lff)
standard.lff

Let me know!
See ya!

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
lff format was created because the original cxf is proprietary licensed and can't be published.

You can read the file header with a text editor to verify license and more.

Iso.lff & standard.lff (are the same) is based on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ISO3098.svg
and licensed as GPL v2 or later, then, no problem to publish modifications.
I send a patch to current code adding these chars.

About 1.lff be sure you can publish it without problems for the community.

About NABLA, ≤ U+2264 and ≥ U+2265 are unicode names & codes, more info in:
http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.1.0/charts/CodeCharts.pdf (warning: 89Mb)
or a bit more easy to use:
charmap.exe in windows or
kcharselect in windows and linux (kde)
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Hi again Rallaz, I am modifying standard.lff from the beginning, so it should be ok, am I right?
See ya
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
claus82 wrote
Hi again Rallaz, I am modifying standard.lff from the beginning, so it should be ok, am I right?
You are rigth, but remember to rename and correct the file header ( author, license, etc.)
When you have finished may be possible to add it to LibreCAD
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Fine, so far, I've done the major part of the font, probably tomorrow I'll upload here. Bye Rallaz!
Claus
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Well, as promised, I upload the standard font doubled, even if I think it would be more precise give separate line width to the lines of dimensions and the writing! Think about it!
Anyway, here the file

standard.lff
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi Claus good work, but...

1. standard.lff exist then rename the file, example: stdtriplex.lff, isotriplex.lff, etc.

2. In header file, line #4 (full name) says:
# Name:              ISO 3098-2
These line are correct for iso.lff or standard.lff in your font is needed a more descriptive name
like ISO 3098-2 triplex, example:
romans.lff => # Name:              Roman Simplex
romant.lff => # Name:              Roman Triplex

line #11 says # Author:            Rallaz...
but you are not in any place, do not be shy :-D  (can be more than one Author line)

3. Some chars  need to be reviewed (are bug or design?):
U+0024, U+0025, U+0030 U+0038, U+00d0, U+00d8 & U+00f8

4. Another consideration, a very good font have exactly 9 units of height and your font are 9.05 units
a text with height 10 are drawn with 10.05 units height

Point 4 are not needed, but when you verify points 1-3 I added the font in LC, if you agree, of course
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Hi again Rallaz, I don't know if I will be able to modify the line headers... I'll try, anyway, when the font will be ready, of course you will have the permission to put it on the next release of LC.
P.S. Sorry, I named standard.lff because I needed to have a bigger thickness in the dimension writings, that is the reason... You know, when I show a project, it must be really clear, so this is the reason that make me crazy about fonts   it is simply a need, not a caprice... So you understand the reason of all my requests about fonts, that's the mystery... anyway, any name suggested for the font I uploaded is welcome.

Concerning those U+0024, U+0025, U+0030 U+0038, U+00d0, U+00d8 & U+00f8  I am afraid is a bug... because I checked several times, they seem to be ok, but sometimes some char take its own way and changes by itself... I'll try to modify

See you!
Claus