Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to import png in scale

Piotr
I'd like to add small firm logo (contains some text) to my drawing.
I have it in Inkscape (with Display units and Units (in Document Properties) set to mm). I know Inkscape much less than LibreCAD now.
When I save it in Inkscape as dxf (I have to set Base unit (he asks before saveing as dxf) to px (not mm) to see it in scale when I open it with LibreCAD (here I have also everything in mm) ????) then in LibreCAD I see only stroke (not filled contours).
I can fill each element in LibreCAD but it works badly for elements with whole inside (letters R, a, o, e).
So I decided to insert it via png. Specially that Letters were converted to shapes long time ago (not with Inkscape) and have many,many points so png is 19 times smaller file than dxf, and I don't know yet how to reduce this points with Inkscape.
I have png with 600dpi and 284x341 pxl which is the right size.
When I File|Import|Insert Image it to my drawing it looks well but it is 284x341mm in size and I didn't found the way to reduce it, but as LibreCAD is not raster graphic program I don't expect it can do it.

How to import png or bmp to have it the right size?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to import png in scale

dellus
You can set an import size factor during the importing operation in the tab next to the pen properties tab, at the top of the screen, above the drawing area. The content of that tab changes according to the ongoing operation.
Also you can scale the imported image afterwards like any other object with the scale command. After triggering this the image seems to be disappeared. This is a bug. Doing a "Auto Zoom" brings it back.
That png-image is not incorporated into the drawing file, you will have to provide it always alongside, best in the same folder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Piotr
Thanks,

I was told few days ago to look always at the top of the screen and forgot it :(

I noticed this disappearing, and I tried to zoom using mouse weel but didn't found my picture.

During that experiments with scale I tried (having normal A4 drawing on screen) to change Drawing Preferences Units to Microinch. Then I get whole screen wite. Zooming out....out I can find a dot in the position 0,0. It looks that whole my drawing wach changed to that dot.

It's a pity, that png is not incorporatet.
I see you know what would be the next question :)

Reply | Threaded
|

grherr
In reply to this post by Piotr
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Piotr
<quote author="grherr">
Greetings,
Have you tried selecting the graphic and using:
Tools -> Modify -> Scale
to change the scale?

Yes, I have tried, but jumped into the situation described by dellus:  "After triggering this the image seems to be disappeared. This is a bug."

Now I know (I think) all possibilities with their advantages/disadvantages of inserting the graphic from Inkscape. When I will know better Inkscape I will decide if to insert png (need to keep png file with my drowing), or vector graphic.

Best Regards
Piotr Galka
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Piotr
Sorry, my writing may have been misleading: no kind of image format will be incorporated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Piotr

W dniu 2017-10-26 o 20:39, dellus [via LibreCAD] pisze:
> Sorry, my writing may have been misleading: no kind of image format
> will be incorporated.
>

Hi dellus,

For me it was clear that even you wrote about png that means at least
all raster graphics are not incorporated.
If I export dxf file and open it in LC I have this image incorporated :).
But only shapes without fillings which can be added manually (one by
one, if I tried to add all at once I've got garbage graphic (if I
understand, and write correctly the word garbage).
The only problem left in that way was the letters with opening in them -
like R. In my picture R looks very badly if filled (o,a are better, and
e is also wrong). I think the work around can be making those letters
having no opening (with very thin connection from outside, may be width=0).

Piotr