classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to ... like in other CAD program - newbie's stupid questions

Fred
Hello,
I'm trying to get familiar with LibreCAD. Used ACAD LT97 before.
Some habits have confirmed and I'm wondering if there are ways to do same in LibreCAD:
I like using the command line, more quick and precise sometimes...

When modifying objects for example: I draw a rectangle. now selecting two neigboring sides and want to move the corner by 5 units down. I found a way to do this by mouse, but is there a way to ente the distance to move the corner via command line? (e.g. "@0,-5")

Thanks for hints! More to follow, for sure.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to ... like in other CAD program - newbie's stupid questions

dellus
It works just as you said. To move that point of a rectangle use "stretch", pull up a window around that point (specify first corner, specify second corner), specify reference point (could be the point you want to move), then specify the target point by activating the command box (click on it or press the space bar) and type "@0,-5", enter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Fred
Got it! Explicitly using stretch (ss) was what I missed.
My prior program did activate the selected point inplicitly, so I had to enter the distance only.
Thank you for helping!
Reply | Threaded
|

Fred
How to specify the fillet radius? Or the distances od a bevel? The command is asking only for two entities...
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Watch that tab next to the pen properties at the top above the drawing area. This tab changes it's content according to the ongoing operation. Here you can set the radius and other things. Always look at that tab when you seem to miss a possibility to set some value.
Reply | Threaded
|

Fred
Thanks so much! Must have been blindfolded, it's so obvious... Even recherched in the user manual...