How to work efficiently with the trimming tool?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to work efficiently with the trimming tool?

matthyuz
The attached screenshot is taken from AutoCAD 2013.
The cut to the radial lines was made by selecting the ellipses as cutting entities and then, with a few clicks and a few selection areas (to cover many lines at once), I selected the lines to be cut. This way you can cut all the lines with a reasonable number of clicks. Everything took less than a minute.
My problem is that I can't find a way to do the same with LibreCAD. I can only do this one line at a time by splitting the line into two pieces (using one of the ellipses as the cutting entity) and then cutting off the remaining part (using the other ellipse). The way I found to do it is really slow, is there any way to do it like in AutoCAD?
I'd really like to stop using AutoCAD and definitely switch to LibreCAD, but things like that keep me trapped in non-free programs.
Please, any solution is welcome.
Thank you very much.

Trim
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to work efficiently with the trimming tool?

dellus
Sorry, this can't be done in LibreCAD as elegant as in AutoCAD, it's just not as advanced and polished. For AutoCAD myriads of payed developers are working, while at LibreCAD developers are scarce. There is a lot to be improved, but there is no one who is doing it, and progress is very slow. You have to take it as it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to work efficiently with the trimming tool?

matthyuz
I hope you didn't misunderstand me.  I am grateful to those few people who donate their time and knowledge to create LibreCAD and share it with us all. For my part, I will continue to use it, always alert and eager for any progress.

Thank you dellus for your answer.

Warm greetings.