I decided to cooperate: how can I help LC community?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I decided to cooperate: how can I help LC community?

claus82
Ok, what can I say?
I am not a programmer... So... if the QT4 code is not complicated I could help, but this would be a waste of power for the programmers of LC...
What else... I could be a Bug reporter...
I don't really know what to do to help, just suggest me, so if I am able to do something I'll put my effort to give support to the team...
...so... I am waiting orders

Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I decided to cooperate: how can I help LC community?

Rallaz
neither do I am programmer, but...

to learn how LibreCAD works, the best is solve bugs

another thing that is needed is documentation
http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Users_Manual
not have to be perfect, to the be a wiki can always rearrange and improve.

Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
I am not sure if I am that good at finding bugs without be a programmer my friend (I suppose we are)...
Unfortunately the most I could do so far it's been communicate improvement ideas, nothing more...  
Anyway, if I understand what you mean, the community needs a user manual, am I right???
In this case I am glad to write it down and share it ;)

please do reply in order to keep me up to date
see ya!!!
Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi Claus,

Yes, we are friends ;-) but my english is very bad and I try to express myself well but do not always succeed.
Is not about to solve bugs but trying to learn how to program and how LibreCAD works.
A manual or help system is very useful and many people asks for it

Another thread about documentation:
http://forum.librecad.org/Looking-For-Help-File-tp5707304p5707322.html

Cheers,
Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Hi again Rallaz!
Ok, I'll write down the manual, I suppose release one even if I look forward to have release 2 beta, because I HEAVILY use just release 2!
Today I ultimated my very first professional work with LC!!! I'll attach a couple of screenshots of my work (printed with pdf printer)
I hope yo'll enjoy

and another one

and... maybe it would be a good idea to put a folder in the forum where people put the works and comment the issues that they've encountered in the drawing process, the bugs, the downsides, but also the upsides, the techniques to save time and so on... anyway, I'll write it down as soon as I can!!! Stay tuned ;)

As you can see by my picures I am italian, so...
CIAO!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

feugeniy
claus82,
if you real want to make manual for LibreCAD, please make it on http://booki.flossmanuals.net/ on your own language (Italian?!).
On FLOSS Manuals website are more people that can help correct/edit/translate into different language (including EN).
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Well! Ok, I am collecting data so far... very soon I'll start to write it down...
Let's keep connected friend!
SEE YA!!!
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Bob
Hi Claus,

I already have begun a Basic manual for LibreCad. I talked to Rallaz and he said maybe we should join forces. I taught C3P at Ford Motor Co. and we made our own manual for that. There were 6 of us that taught C3P and we all worked together on it. I have done an Introduction and an Overview and I have been working on a chapter on basic drawing and have these written down. perhaps we could work writing chapters. I have been working on drawing other possible chapters could be text and dimensioning, Modify, blocks, Layers. You could maybe work on one of those and that way we share the workload. I have been working in Microsoft Word but once I finish the chapter I could put it in an other format including PDF. Let me know how you feel about that. Doing it that way would lessen the workload on both of us.

Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Very nice, and we hope we would have a useful user manual for the 2.0 release.

Bob wrote
Hi Claus,

I already have begun a Basic manual for LibreCad. I talked to Rallaz and he said maybe we should join forces. I taught C3P at Ford Motor Co. and we made our own manual for that. There were 6 of us that taught C3P and we all worked together on it. I have done an Introduction and an Overview and I have been working on a chapter on basic drawing and have these written down. perhaps we could work writing chapters. I have been working on drawing other possible chapters could be text and dimensioning, Modify, blocks, Layers. You could maybe work on one of those and that way we share the workload. I have been working in Microsoft Word but once I finish the chapter I could put it in an other format including PDF. Let me know how you feel about that. Doing it that way would lessen the workload on both of us.

Bob
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Bob
Hi,

I have finished writing part of the manual already and yes, it will be on LibreCad version 2.

Bob