This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have come here with everyone. very pleased

Philip
Hi, and welcome to the forum.  The import and export functions serve similar, but different, purposes.  The import function is used to place an image (jpeg, bmp, gif, etc.) into your drawing.  It is also used to place a block in the drawing.  A block can be a drawing of an often used item, such as a bolt, that can read into any of your drawings.

The export feature saves your drawing as an image (jpeg, bmp, gif...) or as a PDF.  I have never had a need to use either the import nor the export.  Neither has any relation to upload/download.

Please ask if you have any more questions.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have come here with everyone. very pleased

chwk2003
In reply to this post by madamx
In a nutshell, here's how I use the import function:
I use it to import HVAC, plumbing, architectural drawings into LibreCAD.
Then I can draw over top of the original drawing to show changes to the ductwork, piping layout, walls, etc.

For instance: I obtain a pdf of the original drawing -  usually supplied to me by an engineer or architect. I then convert the pdf to a bmp image. I import the bmp image into LibreCAD and then I can draw over the architects' original drawing to indicate changes or highlight areas of concern. Then export as a pdf and send the drawing back to the architect.