Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing a new version

BigAl
I am currently running v1.0.2. It has been suggested that I should move to Version 2.0.0alpha4. Thank you ct...

I have always kept away from any version of anything that is not recognized as 'Stable' but in this instance am happy to follow the advice but; (with me there is nearly always a 'but' as I try to understands) should I uninstall my existing version first or just go ahead and add the new one. I am presuming that update is not an option. I do not have any drawing saved within the program root, all are safety tucked away on a separate drive.

Cheers

Alan
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing a new version

sp1der
It should be OK to just do an install on the top of version 1, the same directories will be used and updated -but (you`ve got me at it now) ...but if any problems occur just un-install version 1 and then do a 'clean' install of version 2!
Reply | Threaded
|

BigAl
 Ha ha ha. There is nothing like a good 'but'. As it is a Windows machine I run a backup program called Acronis which not only backs up data but also the entire disk partitioning structures as well as my OS,  That means I can always 'revert' if necessary. Partitions, OS or individual files. Don't like doing it as it takes forever but never the less it works, and very well.

I shall install over the top as you suggest and report back. Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Alan
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
If you find a crash in 1.0 series, please still report it to our sourceforge tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=342582&atid=1433844

We do need more help on testing for 2.0 series, as we are still adding features to it.

dxli