classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Instantiated blocks are huge

grherr
Greetings,
I'm using LibreCad 2.1.3 on Slackware Linux 14.2 (k4.4.158)

I have created some blocks to scale (coordinates 1.0000 = 1.0000 inch). When I instantiate this block into a drawing, it is huge. It is 17:430 in scale. That is about 25.294x. I searched the forum for similar threads and found "General Factor and General Scale magically changing", which is old. However, there was a suggestion that the problem has to do with some metric to inch conversion with a factor of 0.0393701. I took that factor and verified that 430 x 0.0393701 does indeed come close to 17 (16.929143 to be exact). Therefore, I do believe this unexpected conversion is my problem. It seems LC thinks my block is metric, which it isn't. Both the block and the drawing are set to "Inch" with scale factor of "1". The thread above sadly did not result in a solution. Has this problem been corrected in the latest RC release?
Is there some setting I am missing where I can correct this "feature" in 2.1.3?

I don't normally install Release Candidates, but in this case, if it fixes these problems, I may do so. Up to now, I have been waiting for the 2.2 release.
Thanks.
Girvin Herr
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Instantiated blocks are huge

Philip
grherr

This sounds like a block being created in on unit (inches) and then being imported into a drawing where the units are set to millimeters.  Or vice-versa.  This has happened to me before.  My drawing units are usually inches but occasional I need to use another unit of measure.  This may be feet, millimeters or meters.  If I then import a block I will scale the block up or down as needed...a very easy task to accomplish.
Reply | Threaded
|

grherr
Greetings,
When I posted this thread, I was sure both my block and my drawing "Units" were set to "Inch". After I posted it, I checked again and realized to my surprise and embarrassment that the drawing was still set to the default "None". I changed it to "Inch", instantiated my block and the scale was correct. Problem solved - operator malfunction.
I apologize for wasting the readers' and forum's time on this.
Thanks.
Girvin Herr
Reply | Threaded
|

Philip
No need to apologize and certainly not a waste of time.  Please ask if you have any further questions...someone will be happy to assist you.