classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Invisible with Text, not related to Draft Mode

rvanaken
I'm having trouble inserting text.  I'm not in Draft Mode

I do not see a general help topic that goes to through the steps.

When I choose the Text or MText tool, I get a dialog box to set the text and properties.  When I OK that, I end up with a box in a random location and no visible text.  That seems weird, like there is some magic about how to place a text box.  I would not expect the box on the canvas until I click somewhere.

I'm not in Draft Mode.  I'm using a white background.  Maybe the text is white on white, but the color attribute only seems to affect the box outline color.

I like this app, but it uses conventions that are difficult to guess.

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Invisible with Text, not related to Draft Mode

dellus
I cannot reproduce this. After OK to dialog box the text is hanging at mouse cursor position and you can place it somewhere you want, click and it sits. The text at mouse cursor may seemingly disappear when moving to periphery but comes back if you move the middle mouse wheel button a bit to zoom in or out.
Are you really sure about what Draft Mode is and it's off? Toggle the button to test.
There have been issues with some Linux versions (Fedora?) with no text shown, but there wasn't even a box then and it was related to not finding the fonts.
Tell your OS and LibreCAD version, maybe LordOfBikes has an answer then.
Reply | Threaded
|

rvanaken

Thank you for your reply.

I do not see direct control over font color. Maybe it's just white on white.

Text dialog

Not in draft mode. I toggled. No change.

Not in Draft Mode

Also, the layer I'm editing is visible, and default settings for lines show up in the layer.

This pic shows the cursor and the insertion at different locations. I have not clicked on the canvas after clicking OK.

Insertion not tracking cursor

I'm using Windows 10, LibreCAD version 2.2.0. Your description of the insertion point makes sense. I can deal with deleting one if necessary. The real issue is invisible text.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have no clue what could be the reason. The font color is determined by the pen settings when drawn as with other entities.You can edit the pen settings afterwards by using Tools - Modify - Properties on the text.
To rule out a faulty download or installation you could repeat it or try the portable version from portableapps.com or try the previous version 2.1.3 to see if it makes a difference.
You also may first try if a complete reset with Options - Application Preferences - Defaults - Clear settings - All fixes it.
Reply | Threaded
|

rvanaken
Thank you for the suggestion.

I reset the Application defaults.  Text is visible now.  The default changed my view to white on black.  I suspect the issue was related to having White as a background.  So I'm looking at black paper while working, but Print Preview looks fine (black on white).

Thank you so much!