classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Keyboard shortcuts

Dayco
Hi,
My question is : I appreciate there is not only drop down menues but also icons to select functions but I just wondered if there are also keyboard shortcuts?
Thanks for any help Duncan
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

dxli
We should implement GUI support to configure shortcuts.

Another way to trigger actions is by the command line interface, and available commands can be found in source code:

rs_commands

You may also define your command aliases by changing the alias configuration file and restart LibreCAD:

* In OS_WIN32 "%HOME%\local configuration\application data\LibreCAD\librecad.alias"
 * In OS_MAC "$HOME/Library/Application Support/LibreCAD/librecad.alias"
 * In OS_LINUX "$HOME/.local/share/data/LibreCAD/librecad.alias"

Dayco wrote
Hi,
My question is : I appreciate there is not only drop down menues but also icons to select functions but I just wondered if there are also keyboard shortcuts?
Thanks for any help Duncan
Reply | Threaded
|

terryduran
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Dayco
... <spam removed> ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Dayco
Thanks for replies.  I am afraid the command line method is a tad daunting to a relative newbie to computing.  

As regards the advice to 'study' the shortcuts I am assuming you mean discovering the keys by trial and error? as I see no reference to a shortcut list anywhere.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by terryduran
The said alias file is plain text, but doesn't contain much information.

The best way is to read the beginning of this file:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/blob/master/librecad/src/cmd/rs_commands.cpp

TODO: we should add this information to wiki.librecad.org

terryduran wrote
Yes they are kyboard shortscuts .Many other keys are using for the shortcuts functions.It will very benfit at the time mouse stuck.YOu must study about keyboard short cuts keys.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dayco
Thanks,
I shall try and understand the instructions.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Dayco,

Just want to make the file reads easier, and hope you already figured out from your side.

look at one example from the said URL,
    cmdTranslation.insert("polyline", tr("polyline"));
    mainCommands.insert(tr("polyline"), RS2::ActionDrawPolyline);
    cmdTranslation.insert("pl", tr("pl"));
    shortCommands.insert(tr("pl"), RS2::ActionDrawPolyline);

tr("polyline") means the translated/localized string for "polyline"
the first line links the "polyline" with the translated string: cmdTranslation.insert("polyline", tr("polyline"));
The second line links the translated string to the the Action to take RS2::ActionDrawPolyline (which is mostly self-explaining by name).  mainCommands.insert(tr("polyline"), RS2::ActionDrawPolyline);
following two lines are essentially the same, but in a category of "short commands" instead of full "commands", as "pl" vs "polyline"

then, you can edit your own command alias file to link your own alias commands to existing commands.

Dayco wrote
Thanks,
I shall try and understand the instructions.