Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Layer Becomes Construction When I Reopen Saved File

ForrestErickson
In a drawing, I have a layer which is always a construction layer when I opened a saved file.
I have set it not to be a construction layer many times and saved the file but each time I reopen the file it is back.

I am using LibreCAD 2.0.11.
The file I am working on came to me from another design as a DXF file and I have no idea what program created it. It did not have the infinite construction lines when I first started working with it.

The lines appear on a layer I did not create called TITLE BLOCK.

There are eleven layers to my drawing total and one of them is deliberately a construction layer.

I have saved a copy and deleted all but the 0 layer and the TITLE BLOCK layer and saved with the layer set not to be construction.  When I opened it again it was set as construction.

Any idea what I should try next?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer Becomes Construction When I Reopen Saved File

dellus
I don't really know what could be the reason. Maybe in the source CAD program there is a different  way to handle construction lines, maybe as a property of the lines and not of the layer. Is the TITLE BLOCK a block? Maybe it helps to explode it then.
Or transfer the contents via "Attributes:-Layer" to a new layer and delete the troublesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

ForrestErickson
Hello Dellus,

Thanks for tyring to help.
Regarding, "Is the TITLE BLOCK a block? Maybe it helps to explode it..."  I do not think so. I can select individual lines with in it.

Here is a screen shot:
Screen Shot

Reply | Threaded
|

ForrestErickson
On another computer I have installed the newest version of LibreCAD, 2.1.3 and when I open the file the TITLE BLOCK lines are NOT construction lines.

I am doing my work in 2.0.11 because there is much more tutorial information both on line at the libreacad.org web site and on Youtube with the older interface so moving to 2.1.3 only offers insight but does not solve my problem.  I made trivial change to my document in 2.1.3 and saved it and then opened it in 2.0.11 and the TITLE BLOCK layer was again a construction layer.

I would like to find the root cause so I can cure the problem and continue in 2.0.11 till my mastery of LibreCAD improves.
Reply | Threaded
|

ForrestErickson
I made a new TITLE BLOCK 2 layer with yellow lines. I turned off the constrution Line setup on the old TITLE BLOCK layer.
I selected and moved all from TITLE BLOCK to TITLE BLOCK 2.
I saved the file and closed the drawing.
I reopened the drawing and the construction line problem was gone.

Conctruction Lines Gone from new layer.

I deleted the now empty TITLE BLOCK and renamed the  TITLE BLOCK 2 to TITLE BLOCK leaving the lines yellow.  I saved and closed the drawing. I closed LibreaCAD then reopened LibreCAD and reopened the drawing and the problem remains gone.

So I fixed the problem, by evasion, but do not really understand the problem.

I noticed that the actual layer I use for Construction is not a Construction layer so I still have problems to work out.