Layer attributes with separate fill and line colors?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Layer attributes with separate fill and line colors?

Lambertus
Am I the only one that would find it useful to have a separate line and fill color option in the attributes for each layer?
It would help when several entities need to be color filled and are beside each other (e.g. studs in a wall), then the boundaries between the objects would be marked.

This can be done with the separate fill and line assignments through object attributes, though is cumbersome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer attributes with separate fill and line colors?

ubiquitous
I agree it would be useful.
I am uncertain how you managed to do separate line and fill assignments without duplicating the object and assigning fill colour to one and line colour to the otherm which is the only way I can manage it.
Which version of LibreCAD are you using now?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Lambertus
I understand your request, but there is no compatible way to store these settings in a DXF file.
A layer in DXF definition has only one color.

There is no need to place the bounding object and the fill on the same layer.
Use separate layers for lines and fills, then you have a compatible solution.
E.g. name the layers 'Wall_bounds' and 'Wall_fills' or similar and apply different colors and line styles as you need.
I see this as an advantage, as you can disable the fill layer and still see the bounding objects.
And when you disable the bounding layer only, both, the bounding objects and their filling will disappear.

Also, you can save the 2 layer objects as blocks and then easily insert them from block list or library browser.

This way I see no drawback and not much extra work if at all, for having a compatible solution.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Lambertus
Thank you for the tip, and explanation.
I will use that tip's technique. I was doing that, in a way, in any event.
I ended up with a very long layer list.
Since I have many views of the building I had to edit six layer lists for cross compatibility