classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Layer list

Sansol
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the order my layers are organized in the layer list. "Drag and drop" is clearly not it. What am I overlooking?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer list

dellus
I haven't found a way either. It seems not to be possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
It looks like layers are listed alphabetically and / or numerically.  I tried number layers, e.g. 1- Notes, 2- Construction, 2.1- Exterior, 2.2- Interior, 4- Electrical, 5- Dimensions, ... and it seemed to do the trick.  If there are more than ten, you can either start with 01, 02, ..., 11, 12, ... or use a decimal 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, ...
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by dellus
The layer list is sorted alphabetical, you can't change this. But you can add a prefix to your layer names to get the order you want.
Different from DTP or graphics software in CAD the layer order doesn't influence the drawing order.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Sansol
Thanks all. So the question is really - how do I influence the drawing order? In this particular drawing I have placed a background image and drawn some changes to a common area in my neighbourhood. A poor attempt at some landscape architecture. However, my hatches appear beneath this image and my outlines appear above. I screwed up somewhere and I'd hate to start all over again. Any tips/ideas?

2017-10-29 20:38 GMT+01:00 LordOfBikes [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]>:
The layer list is sorted alphabetical, you can't change this. But you can add a prefix to your layer names to get the order you want.
Different from DTP or graphics software in CAD the layer order doesn't influence the drawing order.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Layer-list-tp5715428p5715431.html
To unsubscribe from Layer list, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
There is a tool for drawing order that isn't shown in the out of the box appearance of LC 2.1.3. Go to Widgets - Toolbars - Order to activate it.
But there is another obstacle. Bitmap images prevent proper selection of entities other than pulling up a window around them, so you can't edit them properly. I don't understand entirely what's going on here, it's a bug. I have played around a bit and it's best to have the image on a different layer, the interference exists even if that layer is locked, but you can make it invisible, then it's ok. This way I have managed to get the hatching to the top.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saboia
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
If you use capitalized first letter and lower case in layers name, there will be two sort, capitalized first.