classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lengthen tool's strange behaviour on ellipses

Christian
Hello,
In the version 2.1.0-alpha recently downloaded and while testing the Lengthen tool I just found the following defect:
-working on an arc of ellipse, whatever value I enter, positive or negative, the action is only reducing the arc, never lengthening it. Which it does on an arc of a circle.
-working on a full ellipse it will start by removing about 1/4 of it and then in repeating the action it will remove the set value, never add. On a full circle, this tool has no action which seems normal to me.

I am working on Windows 10

Regards,
Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lengthen tool's strange behaviour on ellipses

dxli
I will have a look on the ellipse side.

Merci!
Christian wrote
Hello,
In the version 2.1.0-alpha recently downloaded and while testing the Lengthen tool I just found the following defect:
-working on an arc of ellipse, whatever value I enter, positive or negative, the action is only reducing the arc, never lengthening it. Which it does on an arc of a circle.
-working on a full ellipse it will start by removing about 1/4 of it and then in repeating the action it will remove the set value, never add. On a full circle, this tool has no action which seems normal to me.

Regards,
Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by Christian
This turns out to be a clear mistake in the ellipse part of lengthen processing.

Looks like we will have to do a new implementation.

Christian wrote
Hello,

Regards,
Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
This post was updated on .
fixed in both 2.0 and master branches:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/bfa456370ae03080f70829e72664ecb27334429c

The new implementation is much simpler in logic.

Merci!

dxli wrote
This turns out to be a clear mistake in the ellipse part of lengthen processing.

Looks like we will have to do a new implementation.
Christian wrote
Hello,

Regards,
Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Christian
Bonjour Dongxu,

I will no longer use the expression "this is Chinese to me"  but your attachment on github does not belong to the few foreign languages I manage.
Maybe you can let us know when it will be implemented on a newer version?
Enjoy your Sunday,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
It will be in the latest alpha version (already avialable).