Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD 2.0.1 crashes when changing existing files

Spoony
Hello, today I have updated LibreCAD 2.0.0 RC3 to LibreCAD 2.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

I have opened an existing file, changed it and saved it. LibreCAD crashed and messed up the file. Now I can't open it anymore: Wohnzimmer_Grundriss.dxf
Since I don't have a copy, this is quite bad.

The problem is reproducable, I have tested it with another file (Wohnzimmer_Wand_West.dxf - this time, after making a copy).

Even when I don't change anything and and just save with a new file name, LibreCAD crashes and the new file can't be opened anymore.

Can anyone reproduce the problem? Is there a way to fix my "Wohnzimmer Grundriss.dxf"?

Best regards,
Spoony
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD 2.0.1 crashes when changing existing files

dxli
Hi,

I just reverted some changes in dxfrw since 2.0.0_rc3. The problematic code was committed by myself, and this triggered me to update stable to 2.0.2.

2.0.2 installers will be ready soon. For the time being, you may try 2.0.0 (known bugs of 2.0.0: crash at saving blocks; 2, incorrect trimming of cirlces).

I'm sorry for the incovenience.

dxli
Spoony wrote
Hello, today I have updated LibreCAD 2.0.0 RC3 to LibreCAD 2.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

I have opened an existing file, changed it and saved it. LibreCAD crashed and messed up the file. Now I can't open it anymore: Wohnzimmer_Grundriss.dxf
Since I don't have a copy, this is quite bad.

The problem is reproducable, I have tested it with another file (Wohnzimmer_Wand_West.dxf - this time, after making a copy).

Even when I don't change anything and and just save with a new file name, LibreCAD crashes and the new file can't be opened anymore.

Can anyone reproduce the problem? Is there a way to fix my "Wohnzimmer Grundriss.dxf"?

Best regards,
Spoony
Reply | Threaded
|

Spoony
Hi dxli,

thanks for your quick reply. I have just seen that the 2.0.2 installer is online, I will install it in the evening.

Is there a way to (partially) recover my "Wohnzimmer Grundriss.dxf" or do I have to draw it again from scratch?

Best regards,
Spoony
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi the dxf loads without issue here in 2.0.2:

2.0.2.png
Reply | Threaded
|

Spoony
dxli wrote
Hi the dxf loads without issue here in 2.0.2
Yes, this is right. I have attached "Wohnzimmer_Wand_West.dxf" to provide you with a file you can reproduce the problem with.

If I open this file with 2.0.1 and save it as a new file ("save as...") then LibreCAD hangs and the new file is being saved incompletely. I have just tested it, the file cancels after line 4266.

Now I have installed 2.0.2 and the problem seems to be solved. The file is being saved completely, until line 4362 - EOF.
I will now make backups of my files and keep on testing.