Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD Wiki homepage revamp

Annonomus Penguin
I've been working on a new look for the wiki. Below is a screenshot of what I've done so far... (actual page: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=1336)

After talking to some people in IRC (who liked it), I decided to save the changes. I felt this really added to the wiki. However, the next day, it was rolled back.

I'm just looking for feedback as to why it was rolled back to the previous revision. Parsing time, although slightly longer, wasn't extremely bad. What can I do to improve this? I understand it's a little different than before, but it has everything that the original revision had, as far as content. Is it harder to edit? If so, I wouldn't mind creating a template for each box so they can edit the template in Mediawiki and have the changes updated on the main page.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD Wiki homepage revamp

dxli
The new layout has a feeling of being modern.

I think our www.librecad.org site needs a similar revamp as well. The current page layout doesn't span the whole screen on a 1080 display.
Reply | Threaded
|

Annonomus Penguin
dxli wrote
The new layout has a feeling of being modern.
Do you mean that in a good or bad way? I'm just trying to figure out why it was rolled back... :/

dxli wrote
I think our www.librecad.org site needs a similar revamp as well. The current page layout doesn't span the whole screen on a 1080 display.
That should be simple enough, someone will just have to change the width in the CSS of the wrapper div.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Thanks!

I really like the our new wiki front page.