Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD to database?

mmar
Is it possible to get some data from Librecad to database, such as Oracle, MySQL etc?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD to database?

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:13 PM, mmar [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible to get some data from Librecad to database, such as Oracle?

At this moment this isn’t easily possible. With LibreCAD 3, currently in the making this process will be far easer,
unfortunately we are still in a design phase (with a lot of base code) and we don’t have much to show yet.

Ries

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/LibreCAD-to-database-tp5710190.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD 3 Development discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

mmar
Super! I'd like to make connection between Librecad and DB to establish data flow from Librecad to my ERP.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:47 PM, mmar [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Super! I'd like to make connection between Librecad and DB to establish data flow from Librecad to my ERP.

This will be possible because we will have hooks for adding/deleting and modification of entities within a DB.
We are currently designing the ‘kernel’ in such a way that it can run GUI-less but also scriptable.
You could in theory also let the ERP system send modifications back into a drawing.
Obviously we don’t have any hooks right at this moment but we do allow for lua scripting and the kernel
should be thread safe so you can have your ERP system make modifications reliably.

it will be some time before we have something to show, so don’t get your hopes of for this year..

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/LibreCAD-to-database-tp5710190p5710192.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD 3 Development discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML