Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line Tangent (C,C) with two Ellipse Inscriped no longer working

masterenol
Greetings everyone, I have a problem making tangent lines. I have been able to make a line tangent to two Inscriped Ellipses but now I am no longer able to. I can make tangent lines on older Ellipses Inscriped that I have made but I cannot make tangent lines on my new Ellipses Inscriped. If I want to make a tangent line, I have to copy an older Ellipse Inscriped, scale it to my new needs, and make the tangent lines with the scale copies or the older ellipses.

How can I make tangent lines on all my Ellipses Inscriped?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Tangent (C,C) with two Ellipse Inscriped no longer working

dxli
can you describe detailed steps to show this bug?
masterenol wrote
Greetings everyone, I have a problem making tangent lines. I have been able to make a line tangent to two Inscriped Ellipses but now I am no longer able to. I can make tangent lines on older Ellipses Inscriped that I have made but I cannot make tangent lines on my new Ellipses Inscriped. If I want to make a tangent line, I have to copy an older Ellipse Inscriped, scale it to my new needs, and make the tangent lines with the scale copies or the older ellipses.

How can I make tangent lines on all my Ellipses Inscriped?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by masterenol
Reply | Threaded
|

masterenol
In reply to this post by dxli
Sure. Here are the steps I've taken along with a picture http://i.imgur.com/mE1p5Iv.png:

1. Two sets of inscribed ellipses are shown: Two red ellipses created some time earlier, which can accept tangent lines. Two yellow ellipses just recently created.

2.The old red ellipses can accept a line Tangent (C,C) just fine.

3. The new yellow circles do not accept a tangent line, they just stay highlighted grey.

4. To my surprise, an older red circle is able to make a tangent line with one of the newer yellow circles.

5. Unfortunately, the older red circle does not make a tangent line with the other new yellow circle, they both just stay highlighted grey.

6. If I want an ellipse the size of the yellow ellipse which can create tangent lines, I usually have to copy an older red circle, scale it, and then tangent.

7. To my surprise again, I can also make a copy of the new yellow ellipse which was able to tangent, and make a tangent line between the two new yellow ellipses. These new yellow ellipses are not able to tangent with the yellow ellipse on the furthest left.

I'd appreciate any help you can be!
Reply | Threaded
|

masterenol
In reply to this post by dxli
Thanks. I'm not sure how to use this, am I suppose to change the lines in a file rs_ellipse.cpp? I can't find it in my directory lubuntu directory /usr/share/librecad.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by masterenol
Please upload a dxf to show this issue?
Reply | Threaded
|

masterenol
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
it works for me with the latest git HEAD.

please build from source or try the latest nightly builds:

Win32 NightlyBuilds
OSX NightlyBuilds

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source

Reply | Threaded
|

masterenol
It works now! I installed LibreCad from source for the 2.0 series(development version):

http://librecad.org/cms/home/from-source/linux.html

Thanks alot dxli!