classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Margins when exporting to pdf

bikecycler
Greetings all, thanks for the forum!

I have been drawing in LibreCAD for four years or so. Today I upgraded to 2.2.0 (windows, 64 bit) in order to take advantage of the ability to select several layers.

A funny thing happened in that the margins - that is, the area that will not 'print' - seems to have grown. I previously had a titleblock with lines around the edge that would always print. Now that same titleblock edge goes missing all the way around. This happens regardless of what margins I enter. Strangely, the area cut off is larger on the right side.

I could adjust my titleblock, but I have a lot of drawings already produced in LibreCAD and would like to be able to keep going with those, without remaking their titleblocks. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy drawing and thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Margins when exporting to pdf

bikecycler
Well, thanks for reading. I had a deadline to meet, so adjusted my border until it printed and went with it. If anyone knows how to adjust this non-printing edge, or where the setting might be - it only is happening since updating to 2.2.0 - I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I may just have to adjust all the existing drawings as I reprint them.

Thanks to the contributors and users. I appreciate the project and updates!
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
Hello and welcome!

I usually print from printpreview, where you can do some modifications.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
We also have the command line support for dxf2pdf

librecad dxf2pdf foo.dxf
aman wrote
Hello and welcome!

I usually print from printpreview, where you can do some modifications.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by bikecycler
In LibreCAD 2.2.0 multi-page printing has been introduced, and with this all the trouble with margins came along. It is hard to understand what is going on. A while ago I have examined the issue, but have forgotten what I have found out. It is complicated. My advice is to print in V 2.1.3 if this went well for you. You can use the portable version from portableapps.com in parallel to the normal installed version. But I don't know if 2.1.3 is still available there.
@ the developers: I advocate to remove the multi-page printing feature and return to the old system, or to iron out the issues of the new one. A detailed explanation might also help.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
This post was updated on .