classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
HAT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multi-command input

HAT
I tried to use "Multi-command input" via a command file to avoid too much manual work. I succeeded with drawing commands like "line" or "polyline" However I could not use "text" command automatically. Whenever LibreCAD is reading the line containing "text" command, an window pops-up to allow me to enter the text content, font...

I wonder is there any other command can be used instead for such purpose? I mean man can enter everything necessary for inserting a text into command file for LibreCAD to read in.

Many thanks & regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multi-command input

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome HAT!

Sadly no.
Text has many options like font, size, alignment, which can't be set by command line.
So there is no command for text that doesn't trigger the options window.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
HAT
Reply | Threaded
|

HAT
Thank you for replying so fast. Personally, I think the issue can be solved by defining an order for parameters to be input for inserting a text content. For example:

text         (command)
LibreCAD (text content)
unicode   (font)
10.0        (height)
10,15      (insertion point)
30           (text direction angle)
etc.

The missing parameters can be set by default.

Using command file is a big advantage in LibreCAD, however so far only simple commands can be used while we still have many other items to be drawn

Actually, I have to drawn hundreds lines and each line is annotated by a line name located at one end of the line.

Thanks again
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by HAT
https://github.com/kozbot/kecb generates dxf files using python. Would that work?
HAT
Reply | Threaded
|

HAT
Thank you all!
I will try the way you suggested. Will come back and report the result to you