3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multiple Crashes

randyc
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I've experienced seven crashes in the past thirty minutes.  Why so many ?  Because I was attempting to isolate the conditions that caused the crash and it seems to be directly related to horizontal dimensioning.  Vertical dimensions seem fairly robust.  I tried to submit a bug report but as in a previous user's complaint, I cannot "log on" to the bug report site.  Would it be helpful to send the file along with a complaint (which I can enter into the drawing in the form of text) ?  If so, where should I send it ?

Please ignore the following two paragraphs in brackets - my brain clutch was slipping.

[Also there is another small problem - a minor irritant really.  When LibreCAD opens, it defaults with some windows displayed and others defaulted "off".  I prefer the maximum amount of drawing space and always reconfigure the windows to achieve that preference but displaying the command line and layer controls (reduced in size).

I can't locate a feature that allows me to save this configuration and return to it when staring LibreCAD - does one exist ?]

I'm still amazed at the power of this application and immensely grateful to the developers !!!  It's remarkably intuitive and easily learned within an hour :)

Thanks,
RandyC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multiple Crashes

Rallaz
About paragraphs in brackets: If you do not want I do not comment :-D

The important:
To "log on" in sourceforge you need an account at sf.net although there are other options:
google acount, yahoo, aol, openId, verisign, wordpress, flickr etc. see in rigth at
https://sourceforge.net/account/login.php

To fix the error is important what is your system, and that LC version you use
and the steps reproduce the bug.

You can attach a file in bug report at sf.net or in a message like this
simply click in "More" then "upload a file"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multiple Crashes

randyc
Cheers, Rallaz -

I've accidentally over-written the file and without it, a description would confuse Einstein !  If this happens again, I'll be SURE to save the file immediately and document the actions just prior to the crash.  (No point in giving you system details until then I can provide a file.)

Thanks for the prompt response, I'm not even remotely disappointed in LibreCAD :)  This is the coolest thing I've seen in a l-o-n-g time !

RandyC