Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Help Regarding Dimension An Angle in Isometric View

Mike A.
in Orthogonal Grid View, I have a 45 degree angle dimensioned using the CAD Tool "drop down" dimension angular icon.

In the Isometric Grid View, I tried to dimension the same angle using the "drop down" icon. I, however get a dimension of 30 degrees.

Can I assume the CAD Tool "drop down" dimension angular icon does work for angles in the Isometric Grid view?

Any help is appreciated.

Mike A
1/7/2018
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need Help Regarding Dimension An Angle in Isometric View

dellus
I'm not sure to understand you right. For me the angles are the same in the orthogonal and the isometric view. What do you mean with the drop down tool?
The isometric grid doesn't really switch the drawing or a 3-d model into an isometric view. It is just an aid to make an isometric drawing, but it's purely 2-d. Maybe this is the source of confusion.
If this doesn't solve the question, could you provide screenshots?
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike A.
This post was updated on .
Thanks for getting back to me.

I am using LibreCAD Version 2.1.3

I created a orthogonal drawing that has a 45 degree angle (left view). I used CAD Tools Angular Measurement Icon (middle view) to mark the angle at 45 Degrees.

I then created an isometric drawing (right view) of the same structure and I used CAD Tools Angular Measurement Icon to mark the angle at 45 Degrees. However in the isometric drawing the CAD Tools Angular Measurement Icon measures the angle at 30 degrees.

LibreCAD Version 2.1.3 Angle Issue

I am assuming this CAD Tools Angular Measurement Icon does not work in isometric drawings.

You input please.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Indeed, angular measurement in an isometric drawing doesn't work the way you would like it to do. As I said above, LibreCAD is a purely 2D program and cannot guess the real world angle of two lines in an isometric drawing, it can only measure the angle as if printed out, on the paper.
What you can do, is you can manipulate the reading of the dimensioning during making it in the tools option bar. Just type in the value you want. You also can do this afterwards via "properties".

Reply | Threaded
|

Mike A.
Thanks for the tip. Having to "fudge" the angle dimension in the isometric grid works.

Isometric Grid Angle Dimensioning