Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New User Working on Site Plan/Building Permit

Grid_Grunt
Hey All, I'm attempting to use LibreCad on a Ubuntu Budgie system to create a site plan for a building permit.  The lot is a 5 acre modified pie-shape, so nothing as easy as a nice rectangle.  It has an existing house, and I'm adding a detached 3 car garage. I've watched some tutorial vids and read a wee bit of the documentation....getting there.  I also have ChatGPT going for constant reference, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  But there are some challenges.

The biggest one so far has been my 4k 32" monitor.  It is very hard to see text and the grid, and there does not seem to be many options to resize things.  I'm using

"QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1.5 librecad &"

to start LC, which helps.  I've tried loading some alternate fonts, but they do not show up in LC for some reason.  Also messing around with the preferences to improve contrast.

I haven't quite figured out how to utilize a 1" = 40' scale in LC, so I set the page size to Arch D (24" x 36"), set units to inches, and I convert feet measurements to inches externally and plot in LC.  In the Lot Border layer, I want to post the corner coordinates manually with text - but it is very hard to read and while I can change the font, it doesn't appear any different on the screen (size change does work).

If anyone has any suggestions or tutorial videos for this application, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New User Working on Site Plan/Building Permit

Grid_Grunt
Finally gave up on using 4k and adjusted the display to a lower resolution while using LibreCad.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New User Working on Site Plan/Building Permit

dxli
Can you test the latest build at
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html

Grid_Grunt wrote
Finally gave up on using 4k and adjusted the display to a lower resolution while using LibreCad.