Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to LibreCad - How do I?

jaws4518
How do I get something newer than Version 1.01 using (apt-get install Librecad) or Synaptics for Ubuntu? The web site doesn't give any link or clear options or choices for certain versions. I just want to get beyond version 1.01 so I can start doing something! I'm kinda stupid, but even more stupid is not finding a clear path for performing an update or getting a newer version for Linux.

Someone please set me straight.

jw
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to LibreCad - How do I?

Gooey
Daily Builds in Ubuntu PPA
For those users who want to live on the bleeding edge and try out the newest features as they are pushed to our github repository, you can use our Daily Build PPA, available for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and later. First, install LibreCAD as per above directions. Then:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:librecad-dev/librecad-daily

To stay up to date with the newest build, simply use Ubuntu's "Update Manager" or:

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

That command will install the most recent committed code to the master branch at www.github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD. Please report any bugs you have as "Issues" on www.github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to LibreCad - How do I?

jaws4518
Yeah, I saw that. What is the current stable version? I've seen several versions mentioned but I'm not totally clear. Sounds like 1.03x is one of them.

Thanks!

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Gooey [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Daily Builds in Ubuntu PPA
For those users who want to live on the bleeding edge and try out the newest features as they are pushed to our github repository, you can use our Daily Build PPA, available for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and later. First, install LibreCAD as per above directions. Then:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:librecad-dev/librecad-daily

To stay up to date with the newest build, simply use Ubuntu's "Update Manager" or:

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

That command will install the most recent committed code to the master branch at www.github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD. Please report any bugs you have as "Issues" on www.github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/New-to-LibreCad-How-do-I-tp5708969p5708971.html
To unsubscribe from New to LibreCad - How do I?, click here.
NAML