3 messages Options
Bob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Non-editable text.

Bob
Hi,

I've prepared some template drawings which will be used by a laser cutting company to cut me some plywood parts. The parts are cut out as the laser follows a red line drawn around the outline shape of the actual part. However in order to have any text info engraved on the ply surface - which has to be blue for the laser to read it - it's necessary to have all the blue lettering supplied as "non-editable text". In other words they say "merely strokes not solid blue lines?" Anyone know what this might be and how my basic text font can be converted to non-editable text using LibreCAD?

Many thanks,

Bob

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Non-editable text.

cantcode
I'm not sure, but my guess would be: insert the text and the select it and do:
Modify->Explode
As you told, "... the laser follows a red line drawn..." this would make sense for me. So the laser can follow the lines created from the text (blue lines).
maybe you can make some sample text and ask them or someone else who have done such a thing can tell you??
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Non-editable text.

Bob
Hi Cantcode,

Thanks for the very quick response. I've tried your suggestion of Modify>Explode on some of the plain text and it certainly changes the text into a format which is not selectable nor modifiable in Text edit mode so maybe that's what they mean. I guess it's now more of an image/picture. I'll send it over and see what they say.

Thanks again,

Bob