15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Opengost Font

stranger573
This post was updated on .
Hello,
I create two lff font - lc_opengost-ar and lc_opengost-br. These fonts for Russian standard GOST. In addition to the Cyrillic and Latin characters in there  characters from other languages (maybe not completely), such as Greek, German, Danish, French, Spanish, etc.. These fonts have the same character map as in OpenGostTypeA(B).

In my fonts value of LetterSpacing, WordSpacing and LineSpacing refer to the values defined in the standard. Unfortunately, LineSpacing settings in the font is not working in LibreCAD and it must be set manually. For lc_opengost-ar LineSpacing value it 0.9429, for lc_opengost-br LineSpacing value is 1.02. For lc_opengost-ar LineWidth is 1/14 text height, for lc_opengost-br LineWidth is 1/10 text height.

I hope these fonts will be someone useful. lc_opengost_fonts-1.0.tar.bz2 README.md
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Opengost Font

dxli
Hi,

I will sort the characters according to char codes and add the font files and license file to the main repository.

Thanks for sharing!

stranger573 wrote
Hello,
I create two lff font - lc_opengost-ar and lc_opengost-br. These fonts for Russian standard GOST. In addition to the Cyrillic and Latin characters in there  characters from other languages (maybe not completely), such as Greek, German, Danish, French, Spanish, etc.. These fonts have the same character map as in OpenGostTypeA(B).

In my fonts value of LetterSpacing, WordSpacing and LineSpacing refer to the values defined in the standard. Unfortunately, LineSpacing settings in the font is not working in LibreCAD and it must be set manually. For lc_opengost-ar LineSpacing value it 0.9429, for lc_opengost-br LineSpacing value is 1.02. For lc_opengost-ar LineWidth is 1/14 text height, for lc_opengost-br LineWidth is 1/10 text height.

I hope these fonts will be someone useful. lc_opengost_fonts-1.0.tar.bz2 README.md
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by stranger573
Hi,

I added the license file and font files by commit:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/afd5b9f505d78bdf2ac88eef3f6e1fbd996b4f97

Please review and let me know whether it's complete by this commit.

Thanks!

stranger573 wrote
Hello,

Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
This post was updated on .
Hi,

The text of the license need to do complete, as in my file. From me there will be no claims. But this can cause other problems in the future. Because the text of the license must contain the names of the fonts, it would be better to name the file license-lc_opengost-fonts.txt.

In both lff files lost all examples of non-ascii characters. See attacment file. loss_non_ascii.png Lost data U+E05f symbols. Probably it was the result of the sorting lines. A slightly later I'll post the files sorted by lines.

dxli wrote
Hi,

I added the license file and font files by commit:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/afd5b9f505d78bdf2ac88eef3f6e1fbd996b4f97

Please review and let me know whether it's complete by this commit.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
Hi,

This archive contains the new files. lc_opengost-fonts-1_0.7z README.md

When the font save in lff format, LibreCAD moved up the U+FFFD character. This is a bug or a feature?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
thanks for reviewing!

replaced with your files:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/9bcf098d48ab22c0415bcf21732c6935d814fd0e
stranger573 wrote
Hi,

This archive contains the new files. lc_opengost-fonts-1_0.7z README.md

When the font save in lff format, LibreCAD moved up the U+FFFD character. This is a bug or a feature?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
Hi,

Now good.
There is only one question. At the end of the file there should be a new line? Sometimes this is critical. In the first commit Git it said. This red icon "No newline at end of file".
Note: in my files, a new line is LF.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
Thanks!

dxli wrote
done:
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
Hi,

New version lc_opengost fonts.

Changes:
- All font glyphs in the X-axis offset to zero for the correct alignment in the middle. See alignment_change.png file.
- In the lc_opengost-ar font changed Oslash (U+00D8) and oslash (U+00F8) glyphs to conform the overall style of the font.
- In the lc_opengost-br font added glyphs that were previously only to lc_opengost-ar.
- Added OE (U+0152) and oe (U+0153) ligatures.
- Added czech, hungarian, polish, romanian and slovak glyphs.

alignment_change.png
lc_opengost-fonts-1_1.7z
README.md
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
pushed: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/9b058e039e69dc87b16f16b3dfb6d5ba224bf28c

Thanks!

stranger573 wrote
Hi,

Changes:
- All font glyphs in the X-axis offset to zero for the correct alignment in the middle. See alignment_change.png file.
- In the lc_opengost-ar font changed Oslash (U+00D8) and oslash (U+00F8) glyphs to conform the overall style of the font.
- In the lc_opengost-br font added glyphs that were previously only to lc_opengost-ar.

alignment_change.png
lc_opengost-fonts-1_1.7z
README.md
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by stranger573
Hi,

Do you need write access to the official repository? If it's more convenient for you.

stranger573 wrote
Hi,

Changes:

alignment_change.png
lc_opengost-fonts-1_1.7z
README.md
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
In reply to this post by dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
In reply to this post by dxli
Thanks!
But I'm still not ready to work directly with GIT. I must study it.

dxli wrote
Hi,

Do you need write access to the official repository? If it's more convenient for you.